What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milo7

Juniors
MC84 said:
I've heard it was only 2 spartans against 2128037029598 persians.

This from a very good source...

Historically the facts of the Battle of Thermopylae are always sketchy... there were 300 Spartans, but the Persian side of things ranged from 3,000 upto 1 Million so take your guess :eek:

Im a history buff, but haven`t yet seen this movie... was it worth the admission price guys?

Samwise

Bench
good movie, not great. don't go expecting historical acccuracy though. It's a popcorn flick and thats pretty much all it was ever meant to be.

Milo7

Juniors
Thanks guys, and yeah I pretty much figured that it wouldn`t be Historically accurate, I can`t wait to see it then :p

Samwise

Bench
Download the latest South Park episode. Complete parody of 300. Instead of Spartans its Lesbians defending their gay bar from the Persians who want to redecorate it with tacky blue carpet and gold curtain rods. Funniest episode in ages.

Samwise

Bench
gunnamatta bay said:
Lesbians can be pretty tough. Were they eventually overwhelmed by Persian shafts?

Nah they stopped trying when Mrs Garrison found out the club owner Xerces was actually a woman, and they ended up having some scissor action lesbo sex. :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
Milo7 said:
Historically the facts of the Battle of Thermopylae are always sketchy... there were 300 Spartans, but the Persian side of things ranged from 3,000 upto 1 Million so take your guess

Im a history buff, but haven`t yet seen this movie... was it worth the admission price guys?

Definitely...an awesome movie. However don't expect a lot of historical accuracy...it's not based on the historical battle but on George Millers (I think?) graphic novel...

2 True Blues

Coach
Milo7 said:
Historically the facts of the Battle of Thermopylae are always sketchy... there were 300 Spartans, but the Persian side of things ranged from 3,000 upto 1 Million so take your guess :eek:

Dont forget that each Spartan soldier had his own Helot ( slave ) in real life, who fought next to him when in battle, apart from looking after his weapons, and equipment etc.

Historically this was one of the largest forces to leave the city of Sparta.Trained to be that way from ten years of age when taken away for training from their parents and families. However due to their military power they prided themselves on not having to build walls around their City, however as such, could not leave their City in too much force and travel to a battle far away, as they in doing so would leave their wall less City vulnerable to attack.

Have read the historical accounts of this battle. The movie I am sure will be full of crap about it, however should be pretty entertaining. I heard that it is the first movie in the world to be Totally computerised in the backdrops/grounds.

Samwise

Bench
2 True Blues said:
I heard that it is the first movie in the world to be Totally computerised in the backdrops/grounds.

Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow, Sin City

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Enjoyable.

Great if you love your epic, bloody battle scenes.

But still, nothing but a popcorn flick.