What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

31st July 2004

The Colonel

Immortal
Come Monday night, the Eels will have not been beaten by the Wests Tigers since 31st July 2004, an amazing 1780 days and a total of 8 matches in all. The record against the Tigpies since their inception sits at 18 games with 13 wins, 5 losses with 1 draw in the very first game against the joint venture. It is one game on the calnendar I really look forward to.

After a solid win against the Knoughts and a massive morale boost from the signing of Poore and Shackleton I believe the Eels can extend this streak even further.

:D

Last edited:

SDM

First Grade
For someone who spent a few years working at Tigers, and with 2 brothers and a father who support the tigers, I also have really enjoyed this game in recent times, but my favourite memory was being the designated driver one day at Leichhardt about 8-10 years ago, and making them all stay to the end while we racked up 50 or 60.:lol: Gold.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we play the tigers again in rd 24, so how many days will that be, assuming we win on Monday?

Gronk

Staff member
The Expert (aka Hagan) was on NRL tactics on Tuesday and Andy Raymond asked if he believed in bogey teams and if Parra had the wood on the Tigers. He said f**k yeah ! (or words to that effect ;-)).

forward pass

Coach
I seem to recall a similar run against the Tigers back in the late seventies - early eighties. I think we lost one game to Balmain between 1976 and around 1983!

natheel

Coach
poor tigers id hate to be a tigers fan and see which round theyre playing eels coz thats a round or 2 (this year) u dread!!! lol

Stagger eel

Staff member
and since that time, the tigers scored themselves a premiership...

isn't life strange at times??