What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

321 v knights

coolumsharkie

Referee
the pink pig had more of an impact than corey...

My little grommy was high fivin him all night. She definately got more value for money. That Hammerhead knob thought he was so cool and. Mr Sharky wasnt on my side of the field much.

Terrible farkin game to travel a long way to watch. I'm not slitting wrists juist yet as there's too much talent in the side. Got some work to do here though.

3- Barrett- Wake up people he was a class above the rest of the players bar Gidley who had an off night due to having to do too much.
2- Toupou- Showed some real passion and is a great buy for our club.
1- Snowden- Shows how much we are going to miss Ross as he is our only true line bender now.

Who the f**k is this Simmons creature? Surely NOW he must get the flick.

Hahaha even had my 8 yr old, first time ever at Sharks home ground sledging simmo... "Run hard Simmo, just for a change"

Bad Daddy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Good dad.

He would not say it if he ran hard, he would question dad.

But now he knows you are not making it up.

good dad.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I love Dougie.

I couldn't believe people weren't giving him points in the 3,2,1 last week.

This week, he shouldn't of gotten any. He didn't bend the line at all. He didn't hit hard in defence.

He made a lot of meters but I reckon he was over rawed from the responsibilty of being the senior prop.

The loss of Ross has just about crueled our chances this year I reckon. We have no prop depth at all. If Snowden and Dougie don't step up the agro about 5 notches fast we are dead ducks.

Sorry to be hard on ya Dougie but that wasn't the prop's display we need from you now.

3. Misi
2. Gallen
1. Caine

Inverse

3. Simmo (lock it in Eddie)
2. Hughes (not the Corey H. I was excited about getting. Too slow, no zip, no sting)
1. TooPoo (lazy)

spider

Coach
This week, he shouldn't of gotten any. He didn't bend the line at all. He didn't hit hard in defence
disagree totally

played 55 mins - and he hit hard

32 tackles (2nd only to topou)

126m (topped the metres)

i think any coach or fan would be happy for a prop to produce those stats each week

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hes not doing any damage though Spider. hes marked easily & I cant remember him ever breaking or offing.
He gets his numbers up though week in and week out.

spider

Coach
he does get his numbers up and thats what i make reference too

he did his job - it would be nice for him to break the line, go the off load, etc, but he is taking either hits 1 or 2

i would rather see him take the hit up, get the metres and team rolling and leave the off load to the gallens and topou's

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i want to see him dragging in defenders & them getting hurt by tackling him. it is not happening. That is the difference with a Stevo, Rossy, petero et al.
hes easily marked by 2 defenders.

DJDL

Bench
Precisely Reefer. It's why you can't rely purely on stats. His numbers look good, but it is plain to see he is not bending the line, or smashing them hard in defence.
His metres gained I think are more through him using leg drive once initial contact is made to gain a few extra metres, rather than the initial collision knocking defenders back.

I'm with Reef and Frenz, with no Rossco all year we really need to crank it up quite a few notches in the aggression stakes

spider

Coach
I'm with Reef and Frenz, with no Rossco all year we really need to crank it up quite a few notches in the aggression stakes
and i think he did exactly that DJ

V pennies
55 mins
1 tackle break
38 tackles
51 metres (almost only a third of what he made against the knights)

V Knights
55 mins
126 metres
32 tackles
3 tackle breaks

the forwards job is to go forward and defend - i think his 2nd game performance is a step up

only my opinion

NagesJnr

Juniors
3 Barrett
2 Snowden
1 Toops

Thought Barrett was outstanding and really turned me from a fence-sitter to a supporter. Also loved Caine. The minute he arrived on the field the energy level rose. If you allow Misi's try, and disallow that Knight's joke - we were in it.

Obviously wasn't great when you think of their injuries, etc, but that can often galvanise a team - and put pressure on the opposition (us) to score off every play or try too hard.

Wasn’t a great display by any means, but I’m not writing them off yet either. Lots of new combinations. Signs that the defence is still there in fits and starts…

Keep the faith, lads.

Inverse:
3 Paris
2 Hughes
1 Pom

spider

Coach
to a point i agree

its one thing to bend the line and its another to bend the middle of the ruck