What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

macnaz

Staff member
While this thread has no topic ill add one.
Betting Scandal !
Has anyone heard rumours of the various ppl invloved, i have heard a handfull of names which includes current and former players as well as a player manager. One player mentioned was from this club.
The story is said to break after the Grandfinal is out of the way , with the NRL promising bans for players involved lets hope they are only rumours as far as the cowboys involvment is concerned.

Talanexor

Juniors
Yeah, I've seen the text everyone is referring to. It singles out 3 Cowboys players and a prominent player agent. I've also seen a few articles which indicate bets were placed in North QLD TAB locations, including in Townsville.

Bad news if true. No matter how good they are, the players involved need a life ban from any sport anywhere - if proven guilty of course.

Then again, a lot of it doesn't stack up. The text message looks like it was written by a 9-year old kid with severe dyslexia, and refers to a certain player pointing toward the posts, indicating to take the penalty goal. A few other people I know have watched the DVD over and over and cannot find that happening ANYWHERE.

Hopefully it's all a BS rumour, or at the very least no Cowboys players were involved.

18to87

First Grade
Really hope the rumour about the certain well known Cowboys player (the shorter one) is untrue would be terrible for the game.

badav

Bench
Yeah, I've seen the text everyone is referring to. It singles out 3 Cowboys players and a prominent player agent. I've also seen a few articles which indicate bets were placed in North QLD TAB locations, including in Townsville.

Bad news if true. No matter how good they are, the players involved need a life ban from any sport anywhere - if proven guilty of course.

Then again, a lot of it doesn't stack up. The text message looks like it was written by a 9-year old kid with severe dyslexia, and refers to a certain player pointing toward the posts, indicating to take the penalty goal. A few other people I know have watched the DVD over and over and cannot find that happening ANYWHERE.

Hopefully it's all a BS rumour, or at the very least no Cowboys players were involved.

The text is available from about 200 different sources on the internet, but i agree, its written with very poor English. Its difficult to say whether its credible or not, but if it is it will be highly damaging.

Said player you are referring to, i don't believe he was on the field at the time of the incident.

Regardless of what the text said. I wouldn't be taking much out of Ryan Tandy's denials. It looks absolutely rotten on face value.

babyg

Juniors
NRL said that they were leaving it to the police. If the police have finished their investigations and there's reason to charge I doubt they'll wait till after the grand final.

Shorty

Staff member
Just be careful of what you say, remember nothing is confirmed at this stage.

Latest posts