What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3P-Address this issue

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tickets only $20, why would you need hundreds?

what if i had a family of four wanting to sit in the grandstand - wants to buy a few drinks for himself and wife and wanted to feed the kids...

And it cost me $50 yesterday inluding drinks etc

scottyeel

Bench
When i take my wife and kids we always buy tickets beforehand.
You learn pretty quick that kids have no patience in long lines.

man just get a visa debit card, no fees and you can still hit savings instead of credit for places that use eftpos. But really there are less fees with my visa debit than with my savings account so I use that and it comes direct out of my account anyway so no interest.
It's a no brainer really.

spiderdan

Bench
Pretty sure it's not a club or stadium thing. From memory everytime I've tried to use eftpos at any ticketek outlet over the last lots of years I have been told 'cash or credit, we don't do eftpos'. I do think they take visa debit though.

Hellsy

Immortal
I was just about to say that Spidey, I actually think it is a ticketek thing. I too have tried previously to buy concert tix etc and was told no debit, only credit or cash.
Not 100% sure here, but that would be my assumption. In which case the board is not going to be able to fix it..

Glenn

First Grade
Pretty sure it's not a club or stadium thing. From memory everytime I've tried to use eftpos at any ticketek outlet over the last lots of years I have been told 'cash or credit, we don't do eftpos'. I do think they take visa debit though.

Visa debit is not a problem with Ticketek

born an eel

Bench
if there was a TAB there, you would have been able to have a bet and with your winnings buy your ticket with cash :sarcasm:

Hellsy

Immortal
Visa debit is using credit though, just that it takes from your savings at some point. It's a great cord to have to avoid things like this.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Its a disgrace you were not better prepared RJ, shamefull, embarrassing, no heart or ticker, no eel-telect mate

We give it to our players for under performing, but take a close look at yourself

a perfect example of a fan dropping the ball with no go forward whatsoever

I hope you lift your game next week mate, otherwise go support roosters and get ya tickets for free from the kellogs cornflaks box

:p

Jodeci

Bench
Hellsy is spot on

Ticketek only use Credit Cards for their purchases. Hence when you line up or use the phone or internet, it's only Credit Cards that get accepted.

It's actually an issue with the Trust as well, why cant they have ATM's around the Stadium?

Bigfella

Coach
That's strange. My gf and I went today. I bought her a jersey from the supporter outlet outside the stadium and I paid by eftpos. Although my card is a debit card I paid by my savings acc. It seems odd that the tickets couldn't be purchased the same way as merchandise can be.

Not as odd as RJ waiting in a line for 15 minutes to be told they don't take EFTPOS then standing in another line for 20 minutes without asking if they took EFTPOS first! :lol::lol:

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Now, first of all i would like to get some things straight. I'm a very proud 3P supporter, extremely happy they got elected - the significant changes they have implemented on arrival have been amazing eg the appointment of Paul Osbourne, listening to the fans etc, Col, Terry have been amazing in their feedback to us fans which we've never had prior - 3P have been the greatest thing ever to have occured in my memory of being a Parramatta supporter - ok so we have that straight, i think most would know how happy and how much i wanted these guys elected.

Now for the rant. I drove down to the game tonight - and wanted to catch up and meet a few of LU members apart from HJ, Jeez etc as i knew i'd see them anyway, unfortunately this never occured, why? because of something which seems so minor yet was able to destroy any chance of meeting and seeing other LU members. So what was the reason RJ you might ask? well, are you ready for it:

- No eftpos facilities

That's is it. I got to the stadium at approximately 6.45pm, i thought i'd get my ticket before going to the Rose and Crown as well as the Leagues club. After waiting 15 minutes in line i made my way to the ticket counter - i asked for a ticket on the Northern Terrance which i always do, as i went to pay for it i reachd for my Eftpos card and proceeded to give it to the lady, she gave me a funny look and said ' we don't accpet bank cards, only credit cards', i was shocked, stunned, pissed off after waiting for a while. Yes i'm aware this isn't 3P's fault as it would fall under the Parramatta stadium trust, but surely they'd be able to tickle them on the balls and ensure that something so basic is implemented in the stadium.

So i went to the Leagues club to go and get money out and thought i'd may as well purchase the ticket there, well, this got even worse. I waited in the Ticketek line for about 20 minutes, and their were only 8 people in front of me. I finally got to the counter - i asked for a ticket to the Northern Terrace, showed my card...and you wouldn't wanna believe it they said the exact thing the lady at the stadium said we don't accpet bank cards, only credit cards'. By this stage it was 7.20pm, i was absolutely livid, i said to the lady ' so if i had 5 children with me, and didn't have an credit card you'd expect me to wak around with $300 in my wallet or possibly more' she said yeah but 'you'd be surprised how many people do it' so f**king what alot of people do? alot of people play scrabble doesn't neccesarily mean that i'm going to play it. I said to the lady ' so you want me to line up for another 20 minutes do you?' but to her credit she was very nice and said ' oh no, we would never do that to you, just give me your mobile number and come around in the shop once you got your money out. So i went and got money out, paid the $2 charge as it wasn't an Commonwealth bank ATM and i was able to get the ticket - all this by 7.25pm.

I got to the ground, extremely pissed off - a moron mother and kid getting in my way as i walked there which i gave them a foul look (hehehehhe hey i was pissed off) entered and went straight to the bar to purchase some drinks - that took another 5 minutes, the girl there couldn't even fold the tray for the beers to go in after she initially forgot to give me the f**king thing in the first place which i ended up folding it myself, 7.35pm game just about to commence.

Look, i thought this deserved it's own thread as i dont want this to be associated with HJ and Jeez thread - serparte issues and the damage has already been done there. HJ and Jeez however saw me standing by the seats extremely annoyed at what had transpired with me after i told them, they are 3P supporters themselves - however were empathetic towards my situation - particulary after travelling an hour and a half to get to the game.

I cannot stress the point enough of what an amazing job 3P have done, but surely in this day and age when even Pizza Hut delivery cars etc have EFTPOs facilities avaliable to them they could implement them at not only the stadium ( well ensure that the trust are made for aware of such a simple thing ) as well as in the leagues club - do they honestly expect people to walk around with hundreds in there pockets? i never there do, and never would i. I'm sorry that i had to post this thread.

Sorry for the whinge.

I will put your concern to the right people. It is ridiculous and a pet hate of mine that a service can only be utilised by credit card. Obviously this system is in place for the remainder of this season, so anything that is changed will come into place for 2010.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I will put your concern to the right people. It is ridiculous and a pet hate of mine that a service can only be utilised by credit card. Obviously this system is in place for the remainder of this season, so anything that is changed will come into place for 2010.

Thanks Sangreal - i just think something as simple as Eftpos should be avaliable at the stadium and leagues club.

Latest posts