What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Birmingham, July 30 - Aug 3, 2009

El Diablo

Post Whore
LOL You say that as though the match would have followed the exact same course had it not rained...

two tests now rain has saved you

No, Tommy irrelevant - you need to listen to EL Dribbly... clearly if not for the evil outside forces (weather, umpires) Australia would be smashing England - and of course would win every test they play...

Funny - seems we were all right - the great players retire, and suddenly test cricket is a relatively even playing field... both these teams are decent, but fragile and inconsistent... England have the more penetrative bowling attack and should barring another incompetent performance (like the 1st test) hold on and win the series

you actually think anyone cares what you think :?

get back to your monkey pics.

sick merkin

JJ

Immortal
lol @ those who wanted North dropped

Clarkie is the leading run scorer in the series so far

shame about the rain

it is strange - North has done nothing wrong... and Clarke is clearly maturing...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Clarke is clearly Australia's best batsman atm. I don't know what Danish is on about with regards to the choking. I mean the bloke scored a sublime 138 in the 4th ininngs the last test but apparently thats choking...

But then again he thinks Stacey jones is better than Andrew Johns so his opinion is kind of irrelevant.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Clarke is clearly Australia's best batsman atm. I don't know what Danish is on about with regards to the choking. I mean the bloke scored a sublime 138 in the 4th ininngs the last test but apparently thats choking...

But then again he thinks Stacey jones is better than Andrew Johns so his opinion is kind of irrelevant.

He did get out on 138 though, as good as he was, he should have made a 175-200 then. May have won the game with Johnson.

Danish

Referee

Clarke often performs well once the result is already in the bag in his own mind.

We were no chance of winning on day 4 in the last test, so he scored well. When day 5 rolled around and we had a sniff, he was dismissed cheaply playing a horrible shot.

Similar to last night. No chance of winning, very little if any chance of losing. Hit a ton.

I would never say he needs to be dropped, as he is still making consistent runs. Just when the chips are down I don't ever expect him to be the hero who snatches the unlikely victory with the bat. Hussey and Punter used to be the men for that job, but Ricky is a bit scratchy this series and Hussey is a shell.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tame attack? Did you not see the ball swinging all over the place (out swing AND in swing) in the first dig by Anderson and Onions? That was world class bowling good enough to get anyone out.

Still, this England team are far from world beaters. And yet we've still absolutely crunched you lot two tests in a row.

Face facts, this Aussie team is just solid at best. How you couldn't bowl our average batting line up out much cheaper than that when it was swinging sideways i have no idea. And its nice to see Mitchell back to his best apparently - 2/92 from 20 odd overs:crazy:
They looked pretty tame last night ;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Clarke often performs well once the result is already in the bag in his own mind.

We were no chance of winning on day 4 in the last test, so he scored well. When day 5 rolled around and we had a sniff, he was dismissed cheaply playing a horrible shot.

Similar to last night. No chance of winning, very little if any chance of losing. Hit a ton.

I would never say he needs to be dropped, as he is still making consistent runs. Just when the chips are down I don't ever expect him to be the hero who snatches the unlikely victory with the bat. Hussey and Punter used to be the men for that job, but Ricky is a bit scratchy this series and Hussey is a shell.
Very little chance of losing???? we we're 4 down and only about 50 in front. If he gets out just after lunch who knows what happens, Manure in at 7 and Johnson down on form they may have ran through us. He has easily been our best batsman the last 2 years.

El Diablo

Post Whore
some care enough to quote and respond... :D

problem is you haven't mastered rational coherent thought yourse lf yet... never mind, keep at it

english your second language?

i think we established this a while back

I love the quote "this is another aminfestation of Mr Hair's mental status" :clap: :clap: very true...

:lol:

IanG

Coach
After the first Innings though I dedicated the new Mika song to both Mike Hussey and Mitchell Johnson. It's called "We Are Golden"

beads6

First Grade
Anyone doubting Clarkey is a dead set clown.. I am sure you will all cry when he becomes Australian Captain and leads us to countless victories.