What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ASHES TEST: @ Headingley, Leeds July 6-10, 2023

TheParraboy

Staff member
Great series so far

Back to back test coming up, Kicks off this Thursday 8pm
Considering what just happend in the 2nd test, Ironically Headingly is the ground the poms won by 1 wkt in 2019 with Stokes 135no (the lyon missed run out, we all know it). Double Ironically, Lyon looks to miss this test

Suspect Todd Murphy in for Lyon
If pacemen good to go, same lineup? Maybe one change there ?
Love Nesser to be there, strengthens the batting down the order

Poms maybe a few changes , especially in the bowling lineup?
Cant see Jimmy playing for starters

Bring it !!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Australia: Murphy in otherwise unchanged.

England have dropped 2 from their Lords squad (Ahmed and Potts) and haven't brought anyone else in. Likely Woods in for Anderson unless conditions suit the old horse. If Pope is out someone called Lawrence is the only batting cover.

We've got them on the ropes despite not being at our best and some very dubious tactics. Yet apparently England are the ones on top if you listen to McCullum and Stokes.

Fangs

Coach
We did a lot of 'banging' into the pitch so there might be a change for the bowlers. Its a hot topic and I think it will come into discussion.

Overs bowled so far:

First Test
Boland - 26
Cummins - 32
Haze - 25
Green - 8

Second Test
Cummins - 41
Haze - 31
Green - 22
Starc - 38

Total
Cummins - 73
Haze - 56
Starc - 38
Green - 30
Boland - 26

Also consider the break we just had between games. We had a 7 day break from the 1st test and batted last so you could say 8 days off for the bowlers. This next break is only 4 days starting on Thursday. They won't drop Cummins so they might look at Hazelwood.

If so then I favour Neser. The extra batting in this game will be crucial. If we draw the Ashes is over so we want to bat as long as possible or at least put the game out of reach and force them to bazball us all over again.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd bring in Neser also but I think the only change they're actually gonna make is Murphy in for the BOAT

Eelectrica

Referee
Only change I'd expect will be Murphy in for Lyon. Wouldn't mind Neser in the team.
Wouldn't lose much having Neser in for Green other than those bucket hands.
Green's been disappointing with both bat and ball.

jargan83

Coach
Squad for 3rd Ashes Test named - Source is Cricket Australia app:

Australia squad for third Test: Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Alex Carey (wk), Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis (wk), Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Todd Murphy, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, David Warner