What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v England at Sydney Jan 19, 2014

Timbo

Staff member
Poms will have to try something. I think Root is Rooted, he won't play again, probably for Carberry. Rankin has been ordinary, Broad will come back in for him. I also think despite his test form that Stokes is a horrible short-form player and that Woakes is a chance for him.

I daresay we'll go unchanged, with maybe Doherty or Christian for Coulter-Nile.

some11

Referee
As much as I love a good chase hopefully we win the toss and the top order can set up a huge total.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms will have to try something. I think Root is Rooted, he won't play again, probably for Carberry. Rankin has been ordinary, Broad will come back in for him. I also think despite his test form that Stokes is a horrible short-form player and that Woakes is a chance for him.

I daresay we'll go unchanged, with maybe Doherty or Christian for Coulter-Nile.

Not really

They did well getting to 300, they don't need to change much (maybe the captaincy, lol and of course bring in Broad)

Roots bowling is a handful for some reason, this game at the SCG would be a bit silly to dump him

Timbo

Staff member
He can't buy a run and is basically a free wicket at 3. They'd be better off with Woakes or Carberry.

Root's footwork is like he is wearing concrete boots, he should be dropped. I would go Carberry provided he dosen't play like he did at the MCG.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Root at 5 or 6 is smarter. Open with Jos Butler who should be in the top 3, put Bell at 3. and Root at 5 or 6.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I'm assuming Patto will replace NCN for this game, so i'm guessing we'll go with;

Mr Teeny
Fatty Finch
Darsh
Pup
Bailey
The Big Show
Hadds
The Talented Mr Faulkner
Mr Slave
Patto
X..