What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v Pakistan at Perth on Jan 19, 2017

TheParraboy

Staff member
This match is on Thursday 2.20pm AEDT

We went too hard too early in the batting in our first 2 games, like we were chasing 350 rather than trying to set up a total.

If we bat first again, anything over 250 and we beat Pakistan, so we need to have wickets in hand coming into the last 10 then slog away.

We will go 2-1 here..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If lynn is gone injured or otherwise than they need to stick with Khawaja to open, head at 4 for the whole series. Too much tinkering with the line up.

Bazal

Post Whore
Stoinis in for Marsh.

Marcus f**king Stoinis.

The absolute, undisputed ruler of all plodders. Ploddier than any plodder who has plodded before, pre-ordained as the plodder to out-plod all others. And with a stupid f**king haircut to boot....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stoinis in for Marsh.

Marcus f**king Stoinis.

The absolute, undisputed ruler of all plodders. Ploddier than any plodder who has plodded before, pre-ordained as the plodder to out-plod all others. And with a stupid f**king haircut to boot....
I'm sure HT is on the selection Panel.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stoinis in for Marsh.

Marcus f**king Stoinis.

Shame Hastings has been injured, would have been there over this pretender

Bazal

Post Whore
Poor old Lynnsanity just can't stay fit....

Warner
Uzi
Smith
Handscomb
Head
Maxwell
Wade
Faulkner
Cummins
Haze
Stanlake

Middle order does look a lot more solid. I'd still have Scissorhands at 8 personally but whatever

So hopefully it's a seamers deck.

45 overs of pace, 5 of spin.

Starc, Stanlake, Wade, Cummins, Faulkner 10 each.

Faulkner counts as 5 spin.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Starc being rested, so Haze instead of Starc

Wade ?

Haze, Stanlake, Cummins, Faulkner, Head/Toyman 5 each although I think Head does a better job than the Toyman

Meth

Staff member
Shame about Lynn. A bulging disc in his neck? Can't blame Australia if they lose this with all of that going on...

Tremain, Boland, Hastings and Mennie should feel desperately unlucky.

They were ODI bowling attack incumbents merely two and half months ago.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and they were shit but got me f**ked how nuffies like them can be selected to play for Australia in the first place

it really shows how clueless our current lot of selectors are, they have no long term strategies, they just think , well, lets give Ferguson a go, nah f**k it, lets give Maddinson a go, nah, dont like him, lets give Cartright a go, nah, think we'll go back to MMarsh, yet they stick with clowns like dickfingers who has been terrible and out of the blue the Toyman gets recalled to the test team after having done nothing in First Class cricket for years

where is the logic here ?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Schoolboy to go really big if Australia bats first.

I don't understand this policy of naming sides days before the game starts.

Timbo

Staff member
Will Stanlake get past 3 overs this time?

Why in the name of crickey f**k is this game on a Thursday instead of tomorrow?

Incorrect

Coach
Will Stanlake get past 3 overs this time?

Why in the name of crickey f**k is this game on a Thursday instead of tomorrow?
My suspicion is they wanted to give the teams an extra days rest making their way across from Perth to the eastern seaboard for Sunday's game....

Remember the world series cup days? Every weekend a double-header, Saturday-Sunday day games at Adelaide, Perth and Brissie before they had lights and then Day Night games Tuesdays and Thursdays at SCG and MCG....

JJ

Immortal
Maxwell looks like he can't decide between his lego and meccano sets atm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My suspicion is they wanted to give the teams an extra days rest making their way across from Perth to the eastern seaboard for Sunday's game....

Remember the world series cup days? Every weekend a double-header, Saturday-Sunday day games at Adelaide, Perth and Brissie before they had lights and then Day Night games Tuesdays and Thursdays at SCG and MCG....
The good old days........