What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s just how things turned out. I think hiring Michael Hagan set us back big time and we bet on a lot of the wrong horses by signing the likes of Mortimer, Keating Bros, Sandow etc. Our recruitment and retention was diabolical between 2009-2013. It’s a lot better now but obviously not optimal.
And if we just keep sacking merkins and rolling the dice we'll get a double six?

lucablight

First Grade
And if we just keep sacking merkins and rolling the dice we'll get a double six?
Well either the current staff have to do something differently to what is not currently working or you need to find someone else who can do the job.
Also we don’t just keep “sacking merkins”. Brad Arthur is the longest serving coach we’ve ever had.

The Predictor

Juniors
I
Btw What was with the shitty camera shots on Fox tonight we get vision of the moon while the game is on then some random Bogan manly fan while game is on then I think we got a look at the manly coaches box a few times while play was going on...

I want to watch the footy ffs
preferred watching the moon 🌒

Gronk

Staff member
I would have preferred to win, but it was an improved effort all the same. The footy gods would not gift us a goal, put two in the bin for 20 mins of the second half plus penalties were like 0-8 in the second half, yet the game was winnable right up to 10 to go.

Brain farts, poor efforts when we needed better and 1% ers by the other team* lost us that one.

* they could really only jag those when they were 13 on 12.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
you miss my whole point, never said that our middles were great, but they weren’t terrible either….….fox is calling out our middles, reckon they are flat bullies….but all stats indicate manly’s/our middles produced the same……..so neither were great or poor,..just possession determined who was better..

So over all, it was our stupidity that cost us the game!! Sivo …..Joffa..etc etc
Your point was our forwards weren’t fly track bullies, so you were wrong.

They make Matty Hayden or David Warner look like Allan Border.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would have preferred to win, but it was an improved effort all the same. The footy gods would not gift us a goal, put two in the bin for 20 mins of the second half plus penalties were like 0-8 in the second half, yet the game was winnable right up to 10 to go.

Brain farts, poor efforts when we needed better and 1% ers by the other team* lost us that one.

* they could really only jag those when they were 13 on 12.
True we had a chance but Manly blew many opportunities. I think they made us look better than we were. Reg dosent look fit enough and Paulo should have been shipped off last year when some still thought he was good. For our captain, Paulo has been horrible.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Just felt that as usual Sutton gets a bit of panic when the home crowd gets loud, what was the penalty count in the second half, 8-0. He does it frequently so not surprised.

100%, He put the whistle in his undies when we had the ball, there were at least four to five tackles where there was a genuine second effort he just ignored.

It wasn't why we lost though.

84 Baby

Referee
Ok, your call... but hence my mirror reply.

I think you just answered your own question there... think about it.

So that makes you and 84Baby are the only ones on this forum that haven't yet woken up to Pou... I guess someone's got to get the lowest marks in any test. 🤷‍♂️
Seems to me like you agreed with me and Pou earlier, Poutam Menace. Or is more rugby league feast or famine? Don’t like Pou so mustn’t agree with anything he says

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well we won’t get a double six by keeping the dice in our pocket.

Brad Arthur cannot do it - we know it. We have seen it over 11 years with a squad and systems that he developed
Last 17 games we have conceded 20 points or more on 14 occasions.

Whatever defensive systems we have in place are down the toilet.

One of the 3 games we didn't concede 20 pts Penrith scored 4 tries and only kicked 1 goal.

Latest posts