What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Aust vs Sth Africa @ SCG (2-6 January 2006)

SirShire

First Grade
So who is going to this match?

I'm there with some mates for the first day, anyone keen here for a having a beer somewhere if they're going?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Langer in, Jaques out for third Test
Sportal

Australia has announced one change to its squad for next week's third Test against South Africa at the SCG, with Justin Langer returning in place of Phil Jaques.

Langer missed the Boxing Day Test at the MCG, which Australia won by 184 runs early in the second session of the final day, with his replacement Jaques scoring two and 28 in his two innings for an average of 15.

But with Langer seemingly recovered from the hamstring strain that he suffered in the first Test at the WACA Ground in Perth, selectors have opted to recall him immediately for the final match of the series.

"Justin is back in the squad subject to fitness. It was a logical decision for us to have him back in the team, particularly given his record and seniority within the group," said national selection panel chairman Trevor Hohns.

"Phil Jaques is held in high regard and will be on standby should he be required," Hohns added of the scenario should Langer fail a fitness test closer to the start of the game.

Australia
Ricky Ponting (c), Adam Gilchrist, Nathan Bracken, Matthew Hayden, Brad Hodge, Michael Hussey, Justin Langer, Brett Lee, Stuart MacGill, Glenn McGrath, Andrew Symonds, Shane Warne (12th man still to be named)

SirShire

First Grade
Keen for a beer at, say, lunch? Any other forum boys keen?

Be great to meet some of the faces behind this great forum. Will you be in attendance Twiz?

Red Bear

Referee
Going on the tuesday, should be good, just hope its a tad less boiling. Gilchrist wil score runs and warne n mcgrath will clean up. That's my prediction anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SirShire said:
Keen for a beer at, say, lunch? Any other forum boys keen?

Be great to meet some of the faces behind this great forum. Will you be in attendance Twiz?

its only about 1000 kilometre drive, so I don't think so

I live in Tweed, and I go to the GABBA games

Rammo

Juniors
I'm heading out there on Day 3 and I might go on Day 5 if it's close and there's prospect for a good day's play. Should be good.

ledzep

Bench
i don't know if i'm still going to go for the full day given this ridiculous heat

TheParraboy

Staff member
Moffo said:
Im putting a lobster on SAF :lol:

its confirmed then, Aust by an innings :lol:

Does anyone know the weather forcast for the test?

Gabba mid Jan would be for the One dayers

Balmain_Boy

roosterbooster1 said:
i don't know if i'm still going to go for the full day given this ridiculous heat

Yeh, sure hope I can get a seat undercover. I'll absolutely bake otherwise.

Rammo

Juniors
Good news, it's cooling down tomorrow and for the next few days, tops of 26 and 27 thankfully.

Should be good weather for spectators and players.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Twizzle said:
normally around November, but the ODIs are in January
Yeah, the One Day Aus v SAF match is on January 15th.

The January schedule for Brissie:

Twenty20, Friday January 6 - Queensland v Tasmania, the Gabba.​

Twenty20, Monday January 9 -- Australia v South Africa, the Gabba​

Tour match, Tuesday January 10 - Queensland v South Africa, the Gabba​

Tour match, Friday January 13 - Queensland Academy of Sport v South Africa, Allan Border Field.​

VB Series ODI, Sunday January 15 - Australia v South Africa​

VB Series ODI, Tuesday January 17- Sri Lanka v South Africa.​

VB Series ODI, Tuesday February 14- third Final (if required).​

Latest posts