What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test - Australia v England @ Old Trafford

fish eel

Immortal
a draw is as good as a win for Australia

two games to play, we only need to win one to retain the ashes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
If England didnt bat for that 40 extra runs they probably would have lost. There was nothing wrong with Vaughan's declaration. The fast bowlers couldnt be used last night anyway because of the bad light.

Alot of ifs in this one Tommy, 50 runs we needed, about 15 overs worth,

I still think he batted for too long

Then again if we had decent umpires, we may have got the runs

Gotta love test cticket

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
Then again if England appealed when a bloke was caught behind England may have won.

that's assuming the umpires would have given it out

we'll never know Tommy

SirShire

First Grade
I love Australia.

I love Ponting

I love Warnie

I love the tail end

I love life.

Good times people, good times.

El Diablo

Post Whore
God I hope Bowden gets the arse. I'd put money on it had there been an appeal in the last over this germ would've stuck his finger up just to grab attention.

I thought Bowden had a good second innings. Credit where credit is due, some of his LBW decisions were outstanding. especially the one where Brett Lee got outside the line of off stump. I was very critical of him at edgbaston but he has done well this match.

Bucknor had a shocker. This goose needs to be sacked. What was he doing looking out to cover when giving Martyn out? it was like he wasn't even watchng what happened.

Keep Billy, drop Bucknor

El Diablo

Post Whore
Did you miss him not going to the video umpire in the first innings when Gillespie was out?

Gave Lee not out when he was plum last night too.

He's pathetic.

Tommy Smith said:
Then again if England appealed when a bloke was caught behind England may have won.

A mate of ours was there and he said the noise was unbelievable and that it was the equivalent of a packed MCG for an AFL match. He went over for two tests (Edgbaston and Old Trafford) he has since called his work and asked for an extension and cancelled his flights back and got tickets to Trent Bridge now.

borat

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:
I thought Bowden had a good second innings. Credit where credit is due, some of his LBW decisions were outstanding. especially the one where Brett Lee got outside the line of off stump. I was very critical of him at edgbaston but he has done well this match.

Bucknor had a shocker. This goose needs to be sacked. What was he doing looking out to cover when giving Martyn out? it was like he wasn't even watchng what happened.

Keep Billy, drop Bucknor

How could he not hear that inside edge. We are not talking about a fine snick but a thick inside edge that sent the ball at 90 degrees. FFS he should go over that decision no doubt.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
what a great win
how did we all feel this morning? its good to get out with a draw. a riviting match. once gillespie went i thought we were stuffed. but well done to warney and ponting, the only batsman to do somthing this series.

real testing times for langer , martyn , clarke and katich who have now only got 1 score of 50 in six innings. and for gilchrist and hayden who have 0 scores over 50.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I think he may be thinking about Day 4.......
yeah he was
england if they wanted that total should of started swinging earlier though , they could of easily got up to 427 a good half an hour earlier if they played more positive.

but be honest, if they set us 380 , they wouldnt of set the fields they did most of the day (but can anyone believe having guys on the boundary at like 2\100 and at about 5\180? unbelievable negativity shown there

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El Diablo said:
Yes what the hell were you watching Tommy?
Having said that about the fast bowlers being used at the end, I was was surprised when Vaughan brought himself on to bowl to Clarke who was fresh at the crease.

New batsmen, Clarke should have been facing the best bowlers and an attacking field. He went on to get 39 runs and stayed at the crease for quite a while.

aussies1st

Staff member
It so werid celebrating a draw, hopefully this is the last time I will have to do this.

The weird thing I find is if Australia had found those extra 3 runs in the 2nd test we actually would have retained the Ashes last night. Hard to believe that England could play so well in the last 2 tests and yet have come that close to losing the series in hindsight.

Latest posts