What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test - Australia v England @ Old Trafford

Earl

Coach
Starts on Thursday night, can't wait for it.

With the news on Brett Lee I'm getting pretty nervous, but hopefully if he is out the Australian selector will grow a brain.

I heard that Old Trafford is a spinners pitch, if this is actually correct I'd like to see Australia go in with this team;

1. Justin Langer
2. Matt Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Damien Martyn
5. Michael Clarke
6. Simon Katich
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Shane Warne
9. Brett Lee
10. Stuart MacGill
11. Glenn McGrath

If McGrath or Lee are ruled out I'd first bring in Michael Kasprowicz, and secondly Shaun Tait if they are both ruled out. There is no possible way Australia can win imo with Kasper and Dizzy as the 2 frontline quickies.

aussies1st

Staff member
Going in with only 2 pacemen is risky but could work. MacGill and Warne can expect a lot of overs if that is the team picked. Either way if Lee is ruled out Tait must come in if McGrath is out pick Dizzy or Kaspa.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gillespie would have to step up in this test, I wouldve kept Kasper since he didnt do too badly last time, I dont know what selectors have against him and Katich. Interesting to see how Tait will go if he plays.

Twizzle said:
my money is on

Clarke, McGill, Lee and Warne

Kasper even though he got out should be on a high and hellbent on revenge for the other day. He went alright in the first innings at Edgbaston. I'd stick with him. The other 3 I agree with.

aussies1st

Staff member
That lineup relies too much on the spinners and reports are that the pitch is hard. Kaspa should be there as he can reverse the ball. Dizzy time maybe up unless he can become like McGrath as he has lost that pace which made him so dangerous.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
if its a big turner, id bring in symmo instead of watson (offspin and seam) and id play lee, warne, clark, macgill

lockyno1

Post Whore
TheEelsFanatic said:
if its a big turner, id bring in symmo instead of watson (offspin and seam) and id play lee, warne, clark, macgill

Symonds has FAILED before in test cricket! So why do you think we should pick him!

Earl

Coach
I for one hopeRicky Ponting doesn't get sucked into all the media hype and this time Jjudges the pitch for himself.

Slappy

Juniors
nearly everybody has failed at test cricket before!

I can't see Symonds getting another chance in the near future, but the guy definitely has some talent at batting and bowling!

borat

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Symonds has FAILED before in test cricket! So why do you think we should pick him!

He has shown more Batting form this tour than any other Aussie batsmen in tests or One dayers

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Hussey and Symonds carried us through the one day series until the final two one dayers where neither batted due to Gilchrist\Ponting hundreds

fish eel

Immortal
Symonds is no hope.
He isnt even in the touring party. Neither is Hussey.
In fact, he is probably back in Australia.

So, unless you hear about one of them being drafted into the squad like stuart clarke, they wont play, its that simnple. and they'll only get called into the squad in the even of an injury.Brad Hodge is the next bat in line.

fish eel

Immortal
still stands though, that unless they get called into the squad, they have buckley's of playing.

B.L.L.G

Retired
There's NO betting on bowling for the 3rd test. It's suspended!

I was gonna put $15 on Mc'gill to get most wickets in the 3rd test but I don't know if he'll even get a start of if betting will resume.

All in betting sux! You lose your money.

Anyway, listen to this.

What's the chances that Ingland will bat first tonight?

There's a good bet option of team batting first to score 101-200 runs paying $7.

If we bowl first we may bowl them out for under 170 I reckon.

$7 is tempting.

Bat first Ingland you bastards!

We've looked lethargic from the get go in this whole cricket thing so far.

We look tired. Maybe they're playing too much cricket?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I woudlnt take that bet.
cause if we bat first then screw that and even if they bat first, a half fit mcgrath at best if he plays, lee , an unturning 1st day pitch for warne..... i doubt wed get them for 100-200

Earl

Coach
B.L.L.G said:
There's NO betting on bowling for the 3rd test. It's suspended!

I was gonna put $15 on Mc'gill to get most wickets in the 3rd test but I don't know if he'll even get a start of if betting will resume.

All in betting sux! You lose your money.

Anyway, listen to this.

What's the chances that Ingland will bat first tonight?

There's a good bet option of team batting first to score 101-200 runs paying $7.

If we bowl first we may bowl them out for under 170 I reckon.

$7 is tempting.

Bat first Ingland you bastards!

We've looked lethargic from the get go in this whole cricket thing so far.

We look tired. Maybe they're playing too much cricket?

Probably because there are so many bowlers ATM that could play.