What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia V. Panikstan, 14 Jan Bellreive Oval

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Could be some changes for Hobart especially if Hauri cant hold a bat and North must be under a bit of pressure.

aussies1st

Staff member
Last chance for Siddle to keep his spot over Hilfy, another failure and its hard to see him keeping his spot. North should be gone, hes stuffed up enough when the pressure is on, Hodge was dropped for a lot less.

beads6

First Grade
I suspect North is gone, George Bailey from Tassie would have been a chance but he is injured! Will be a shame if Hauritz is injured he has done a good job for us although I am keen to see more of Smith. Siddle will survive but his position is in danger as soon as we get some fit bowlers back playing first class cricket.

Could be some changes for Hobart especially if Hauri cant hold a bat and North must be under a bit of pressure.

Changes?
I will be shocked if there are any changes
We just beat the Pakistanis ... oh wait we didn't win the Pakistanis lost (big difference)
Anyway we beat the Pakistanis! You know the best 6th ranked test team in history. A team who can catch, with a more than competent wicketkeeper behind the stumps, and a captian who is aggressive and tries to take wickets when the opposition is 8 down, and who were not missing their budding superstar bowler and by far their best batsmen (Younis Khan)
At home no less!
There won't be any changes
I think Ponting already stated the side for Hobart won't be different

*Note* if there are changes, notably Siddle and North gone, I will applaud the selectors.

Last edited:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ponting should rest himself if he is injured still if the kat is back Let him and Hughes open Watson at 3 Clark at 4 Need a 5 and Hussey at 6...

Im not sure who i would get to replace Ponting though..

African Monkey

First Grade
Surely Pakistan could do better than Faisal Iqbal. Taufeeq Umar or Hasan Raza should be considered for that no. 3 spot imo as they don't look like they're gonna include Younis Khan who hasn't been scoring at domestic level.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
I think the selectors and captain will want to keep the same XI, mainly because of the emotional high after the impossible win, which could lift the group quite strongly, and also because no one has really demanded inclusion.

African Monkey

First Grade
his non-inclusion has nothing to do with his scoring or lack of at first class level... it's political imo
I'm just going by what the Pakistan selectors said about him having to score runs in FC cricket. It most probably is political.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we all scream for players to be dropped but who will replace them

injured bowlers = Clark, Hilfy, Lee, Bracken and a few others all out for the season

ideal replacement for North would be Ferguson and he's out for the season as well

if we replace North I'd rather see some one get a run who is at the start of their career rather than nearing the end, like Klinger or Rogers

Hallatia

Referee
considering it's a dead rubber anyway, if Ponting is out, I would like to see Khawaja be given a shot, I think he's a number 3 anyway

coach

Pakistan must feel pretty dejected after the loss in Sydney. Not sure how they can build themselves up this test. Really wouldn't surprise me if we win this in 3 days or less.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
his non-inclusion has nothing to do with his scoring or lack of at first class level... it's political imo
For sure, i mean a bloke with a test average of 26 is keeping him out. Even he he wasn't in the best of form you'd still have to have him in you're side.

African Monkey

First Grade
For sure, i mean a bloke with a test average of 26 is keeping him out. Even he he wasn't in the best of form you'd still have to have him in you're side.
I would hope that this would be Iqbal's last test for a while if he doesn't perform in Hobart. Misbah Ul Haq's days could also be numbered.

Latest posts