What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia V. Panikstan, 14 Jan Bellreive Oval

HevyDevy

Coach
what else ?

what has he done apart from taking his first ever michelle in the fist test match against Pakis, that in itself shows how very ordinary he is and makes you wonder how he got selected in the first place

look at him bowling in tandem with Katich, who is a part timer

Katich gets a bag while Hauri gets belted over the fence

Katich gets players caught behind the wicket while Hauri gets one caught forward of the wicket going for a slog

Offies will always struggle on a good first innings wicket. Fact.

Doesn't matter who has been in front of him, he has done his job.

IanG

Coach
Using hawk-eye to determine LBW's is appaling imo. FFS hawk-eye is a gimmick for viewers.

Yeah sometimes you have to ignore the pretty pictures that some prepeller head has come up with and go with what you see.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

sorry mate, we'll never agree on this

I think he is the most ordinary bowler to ever represent Australia and watching him bowl in tandem with a part timer like Katich just proves it

He had Swan and Panesar in front of him at Cardiff on a wicket turning sideways and couldn't win us a test match and yet he bowled at these two hacks for an hour and a half.

Ridders

Coach
Tbh I think Hauritz is a wonderful ODI bowler, but I just don't think his skill-set is suited to Test cricket. He's done an all-right job for us but imo he is not our long-term spinning solution for the Test team.

I guess we have been spoiled with Warne. Our standards are so high.

IanG

Coach
Pakistan all out for 301. Seems Australia will bat again. Seem to be shy to enforce the follow on. Still got Calcutta 2001 in the back of their minds?

Tom Shines

First Grade

Watch Graeme Swann for England sometime.

A fantastic offie that beats batsman with drift, spin, flight, an arm ball, and the occasional other one.

Hauritz barely turns it enough to beat the bat, and his only variation is flight and speed. How an off-spinner playing at international level doesn't have a doosra I have no idea.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Watch Graeme Swann for England sometime.

A fantastic offie that beats batsman with drift, spin, flight, an arm ball, and the occasional other one.

Hauritz barely turns it enough to beat the bat, and his only variation is flight and speed. How an off-spinner playing at international level doesn't have a doosra I have no idea.

SWANN

15 tests, 67 wickets, Average 30.22, economy 2.98, S/R 60.06

HAURITZ

13 tests, 50 wickets, Average 30.42, economy 3.05, S/R 60.00

Nothing in it between the two
Swann is not bad, but over rated. We stuffed up by not playing Hauritz in that last test in the ashes, Swann cleaned up, all of a sudden he is some sort of messiah in the spin bowling department. Other than Sydney he will get bent over in the ashes, just wait and see

Last edited:

Hallatia

Referee
SWANN

15 tests, 67 wickets, Average 30.22, economy 2.98, S/R 60.06

HAURITZ

13 tests, 50 wickets, Average 30.42, economy 3.05, S/R 60.00

Nothing in it between the two
Swann is not bad, but over rated. We stuffed up by not playing Hauritz in that last test in the ashes, Swann cleaned up, all of a sudden he is some sort of messiah in the spin bowling department. Other than Sydney he will get bent over in the ashes, just wait and see
Swann has been great for the last 12 months, he has done well in South Africa, taken a wicket in the first over of just about every spell he has bowled. Compare the 2 over the last 12 months. To make it easier for me, I'll just pull up 2009 records.
Hauritz - 8 matches, 15 innings, 318.2 overs, 28 wickets, BBI 5/101, BBM 6/158, average 34.21, economy 3.00, strike rate 68.2, 1 5fer
Swann - 12 matches, 21 innings, 518.0 overs, 54 wickets, BBI 5/54, BBM 9/164, average 27.92, economy 2.91, strike rate 57.5, 4 5fers

aussies1st

Staff member
Swann is definitely more attacking than Hauritz. Hes one that can make an impact for England and continually produces that wicket taking ball. How he will go over here who knows, but even the greatest offies in the world have struggled here so you can't say hes crap if he fails here.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's just a finger spinner and we saw yesterday the difference between a wrist spinner and a finger spinner

mind you Katich wont get 3 for 20 everytime he bowls but the difference was there for all to see

for those of us that bat, who would you rather face ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
he's just a finger spinner and we saw yesterday the difference between a wrist spinner and a finger spinner

mind you Katich wont get 3 for 20 everytime he bowls but the difference was there for all to see

for those of us that bat, who would you rather face ?
Hauri no question.

HevyDevy

Coach
It's quite clear that Hauritz's performances don't matter. He will never be given credit no matter what he does.

Latest posts