What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v South Africa Cape Town - Mar 19-23, 2009

JJ

Immortal
JJ wasn't really having a go. Our spinners are garbage and wouldn't make the Kiwi side.

I haven't seen an Australian bowler destroyed in a test match quite like that.

exactly - I've said elswehere that this is probably the best series win for Aust I can recall (last 20 years or so)...

But the spinners are pretty funny...

lockyno1

Post Whore
oh the irony of wanting hauritz in the side :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is different as we are talking about now. Right now I'd go for a spinner who does not concede 100 runs in 10 overs like Krejza and McGain do. But in the future Cullen Bailey or the orthodox spinner from Victoria who are bigger turners of the ball should get a go before Smith does in a spinning spot. I rate Smith as a top 6 batsman- similar to Michael Clarke in that his bowling is a bonus.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bailey is my choice as well but I am just listing another option there as well. Mangan from WA looks promising as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wouldn't pick a spinner, none of them are good enough. North and Kat are better bowlers anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Are you talking about Holland? From what I've seen he spins it as much as Smith.

Yeah that is the one and I'll be honest I tend to agree with you but he has got results this year. But I will say this I have barely seen him bowl at FC level. Bailey is by far and away the best young spinner we have as at least he turns the ball. Needs a bit of work on his accuracy but that will come in the next 12 months

lockyno1

Post Whore
He has bowled well in 50 over cricket. He does flight the ball and now nursing home Bryce won't be there it would not surprise me to see him do well next year. He is behind Bailey though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I wouldn't play one..but if we are to play one- Blood Bailey, at least he'll get wickets on the 4th day. Bailey is our long term spinner- even Warne has said this, get him in the system.