What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v Sri Lanka at Sydney Jan 3 - 7, 2013

Leagueaddict

Juniors
The Huss humble and unselfish to the end. Will miss the guys energy and true dedication to the sport! Now where will we find our next middle order rock!

Red Bear

Referee
That was the best test match of the summer tbh, very enjoyable contest. SCG pitch was surpisingly good for cricket, having generally been rubbish this season. Herath bowled really well today, shame the Lankans gave him no runs to work with much of the series.

Loved Hussey talking up the SCG as well. great cricket ground

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'll miss you Huss.

Phil Hughes pretty much got out the moment it was up to him to get the hundred in the first innings. Got out again when it was up to him to make sure Australia won comfortably in the 2nd innings.
So if he got say 57 instead of 87 you wouldn't be complaining?
I love Morne Morkel, but I don't go around pretending that wickets he took were more valuable than other people's. I wouldn't talk about him being the match's leading wicket taker, I would talk about 5 wicket hauls, great bowling and important breakthroughs ...

Also, Jayaradene was the test's leading runscorer, not that that fact matters as anything more than a bit of trivia
1. I'm not saying Hughes is my man of the match.
2. I obviously meant out of our team seeing as I was replying to a post about passengers in our team. Runs the Sri Lankans scored is irrelevant.

I'm not saying Hughes was Bradmanesque in this test. But he scored the most runs out of our batsmen so I had every right to dispute someone calling him a passenger.

Latest posts