What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd test Australia vs England @ Perth - WACA

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Back where they belong.

Warney 699 going into Melbourne - awesome.

Time to get a few youngin's in.

Drop Symonds

Rest Lee and perhaps McGrath

Warney stays because he is on 699.

Maybe even rest Gilly and play Haddin.

NPK

Bench
hineyrulz said:
YEEEHAAAH!!!!! Back where they belong :clap: THE GREAT MAN ON 699 :D
Yep. Perfectly poised for him to get Pieterson out at the MCG as his 700th wicket. :cool:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Australia... :clap:

We salute you.

Warney.... 700th on home soil... how sweet it will be.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
itsours1.jpg

sh*tty banner I know :oops:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Put a young guy at 6, don't really care who really. Cosgrove or White maybe, possibly Voges but I'd rather someone <25 yrs old. Rest/Drop Lee, bring in Tait. Lee's bowling was rubbish again. It came of no surprise that when Lee got taken off we got the wickets. Garbage test bowler most of the time!

borat

Bench
hineyrulz said:
Yeah symonds proved you correct :p

If you want to question Symonds place in the team then look at how many tests we have won when he has played, 10 out of 11 won. His role was provide support with the bowling, which he undeniably did with 2 first innings wickets and was able to bowl both spin and medium pace, and chip in with the bat which he didn't do but wasn't required anyway. You keep wanting to compare batting averages for Symonds but he was never selected on batting alone.

IMO the Aussie selectors have decided that for the future they will play 5 batsman, 4 bowlers, a wicketkeeper and an allrounder. ATM Symonds is the best canidate for the allrounder.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
borat said:
If you want to question Symonds place in the team then look at how many tests we have won when he has played, 10 out of 11 won. His role was provide support with the bowling, which he undeniably did with 2 first innings wickets and was able to bowl both spin and medium pace, and chip in with the bat which he didn't do but wasn't required anyway. You keep wanting to compare batting averages for Symonds but he was never selected on batting alone.

IMO the Aussie selectors have decided that for the future they will play 5 batsman, 4 bowlers, a wicketkeeper and an allrounder. ATM Symonds is the best canidate for the allrounder.
symonds only bowled 13 overs for the whole game. he only bowled 9 yesterday and we bowled all day. yes it would be great to have an All rounder in the side,but unfortunatley Symonds isn't that man.

borat

Bench
I reckon he will play both tests because he performed well at the MCG last year and they will want to play MacGill in Sydney. Can't see many changes at all cause I reckon this team want to record an ashes whitewash which I don't think the current crop have done before.