What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd test: India vs Australia - Delhi Oct 29-Nov 2 2008

:lol:

Have you ever seen anyone take so many wickets with rubbish deliveries?

That was very un-Dravid like actually.

Credit Clark and Lee for that wicket for bowling good line and length. Johnson comes on and bowls a rubbish ball and gets a wicket

Crap over from Johnson
Sure he gets a wicket, but that wicket belongs to Clark and Lee for inducing some pressure which may have got to Dravid

lizziebra

Juniors
Even though it says:

Caught: Hayden
Bowled: Johnson

People expect way too much on those Indian tracks. They go for runs and it's time to SACK THEM ALL.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
we are bowling well. theres nothing in the wicket so weve done well and put a bit of pressure on. 1 more before lunch would be brilliant.

Bigfella

Coach
Nothing more predictable on these forums than Johnson being bagged for taking wickets.

It's getting a bit boring. He has been our best bowler this series. He has been our fastest bowler. He has probably been the only one to get a real hint of reverse (even if not consistently).

Sure he bowls a lot of loose stuff but he bowls some crackers as well. So he ain't Glenn McGrath but he is getting wickets and has the knack of dismissing top batsmen.

People continually posting how bad he is while he continues to pick up wickets is getting real old real fast.

The Gambler

Juniors
Got to be pretty happy with the start.

I really wish Johnson tightend his line and length though.

Let's get the little master back in the pavillion before he starts seeing them like melons.

Nothing more predictable on these forums than Johnson being bagged for taking wickets.

It's getting a bit boring. He has been our best bowler this series. He has been our fastest bowler. He has probably been the only one to get a real hint of reverse (even if not consistently).

Sure he bowls a lot of loose stuff but he bowls some crackers as well. So he ain't Glenn McGrath but he is getting wickets and has the knack of dismissing top batsmen.

People continually posting how bad he is while he continues to pick up wickets is getting real old real fast.

Yeah that ball he got Dravid was one of the best deliveries ... oh wait ... it was a crap delivery.

Johnson was rewarded for all the effort Clark, and to some extent Lee, put in the first 10 overs.

Brilliant bowling from Clark
All we need is Johnson to bowl a good line and length and then throw in the odd really crap ball to hopefully take a wicket

Bigfella

Coach
The fact is he is the one bowling at a pace where quality batsmen makes mistake; he also has the natural angle which exposes right handers to nick to slips and keeper.

There is no doubt that he bowls loosely. No argument.

But the self appointed experts won here who keep querying what Ponting, the selectors, Dennis Lillee and others see in the bloke are the same ones who can't believe how often he gets "lucky".

The bloke has some phenomenal natural attributes - left hand; 150 k plus; angle; height; bounce; carry; fitness and athleticism; swing.

He lacks control and consistency but he hasn't even played cricket as his no 1 sport all his life. The bloke has a lot of natural ability and is having a good series.

Yes he fails to bowl tight which is a valid criticism but most of the criticism he gets on here is just mindless repetition not analysis.

HevyDevy

Coach
Okay bigfella, here is my problem:

Yes, he has a heap of potential and could well develop into a very good bowler. But he HAS been very lucky this series and if he continues to bowl like this the time will come when the side is punished.

I would prefer to see him spend more time playing Shield to hone his skills - there are better fast bowling options than Johnson at present.

aussies1st

Staff member
Okay bigfella, here is my problem:

Yes, he has a heap of potential and could well develop into a very good bowler. But he HAS been very lucky this series and if he continues to bowl like this the time will come when the side is punished.

I would prefer to see him spend more time playing Shield to hone his skills - there are better fast bowling options than Johnson at present.

Pretty much my feelings, he has potential but is too loose. His great deliveries are few and far between. When he starts picking up wickets with good balls then I see no problem keeping him in the side. But I can count 4 of his wickets coming off bad balls.

Also when you have Lee in the side you can't afford to loose bowlers. In Bollinger we have a much more accurate and tall bowler that uses his height in the Sharma vein.

Woeful bowling by Johnson
Clark, Lee and Watson have maintained the pressure on the batsmen with good line and length
Johnson is relieving all that pressure with absolutely wayward bowling. :(

Johnson's bowling figures
5 0 28 1

Clark's bowling figures
7 3 5 0

Johnson may have got the wicket, but Clark has bowled 100 times better

Another interesting stat:

Exactly half of India's runs have come off Johnson
Yet Johnson has only bowled a quarter of the overs

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Johnson once again getting rewarded for others hard work, and once again he lets the pressure of the new batsman. Watson also bowling far better the chosen one :roll:

Latest posts