What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Pakistan v Australia @ Lahore, March 21-25 2022

Mr Spock!

Referee
Wow!

I haven't seen a game change since Sarfraz Nawaz took 7 for 1 in 1978.

One of the best performances by an Australian pace attack.

Cummins is going to be an all time great captain and pacer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The movement both Starc and Cummins got was unplayable

134 runs ahead - 2 days left

Hopefully we are able to bat till tea or a bit afterwards and get bowled out. Sets the match up nicely.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
master class from our quicks, they could have set up a series win with that bowling effort

now it's about time Davey and Labs made a few

Fangs

Coach
Poor old Fangs was too tired and had to sleep. Ended up missing the best bowling of the test series. Starc and Cummins with some absolute pearlers.

The issue again is time. We need Warner or someone to play a dopey t20 innings so we can have a good bowl at Pakistan in the final session tomorrow.

Or we might get out cheaply as well. Would set up a thrilling final day where both teams can win it.

Eelectrica

Referee
If we have a chance to declare I just hope we don't leave it too late.
Given how the game has gone, a run rate of anything over 3.5 to win would take some doing.

I guess as we bat through the day we'll get more info of a target. We usually seem to play it too safe to get the win though.

Bazal

Post Whore
If we have a chance to declare I just hope we don't leave it too late.
Given how the game has gone, a run rate of anything over 3.5 to win would take some doing.

I guess as we bat through the day we'll get more info of a target. We usually seem to play it too safe to get the win though.

Reckon if we can get another 200 or so, lead by about that 300-350 mark and have a late dip at them before stumps that'd be ideal?

Hard to call these decks though...deadset looked like no more wickets would fall for the Test up until late yesterday. But if it doesn't go to the ideal, I don't think we can win this without risking losing it. Pakistan will shut up shop and happily walk away with a draw if we let them.

Eelectrica

Referee
Reckon if we can get another 200 or so, lead by about that 300-350 mark and have a late dip at them before stumps that'd be ideal?

Hard to call these decks though...deadset looked like no more wickets would fall for the Test up until late yesterday. But if it doesn't go to the ideal, I don't think we can win this without risking losing it. Pakistan will shut up shop and happily walk away with a draw if we let them.
Yes. Somewhere around a 350-400 run lead. If we're still batting after tea, pick we can hit out and up the run rate. If we can declare so that we can have 10-15 overs at them at the end, that'd be awesome.

But yeah, I think we need to risk losing to win. A RR of 3.5 - 4 could be enticing for them.
They have a long tail as we saw. Don't seem to have much after Rizwan.

No plan ever survives first contact so I guess we'll see how it plays out. We might be knocked over just after lunch and Pakistan chasing 250 which could also be interesting.

simmo1

First Grade
With Pakistan's tail, I doubt they will have a go at chasing anything more than 300 unless they have heaps of wickets left in the last session. Leave 110 overs to bowl them out, and however many runs we have will have to do.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would set them 300 and set the carrot for pakistan to have a dip at it.

I personally would rather us lose trying to win. Its the last test not the first so big difference in mindset there is nothing to protect.

Then batting all day set them 400 and pakistan will just shut up shop on day 5 for a draw.

Series needs a result.

0-0 draws do test cricket no good in a 3 test series.