What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

Tommy Smith

Referee
Some still want to defend him, because he's hard but fair and doesn't cross lines
We've all come across the insecure schoolyard bully type at some point in our lives.

The one who loves to dish it out but switches into a fit of rage when the tables are turned.

We've looked at that person and said, "What a wanker!"

That's Davey in a nutshell.

No surprises that words like "coward" also fit the bill, too.

Tommy Smith

Referee
That kinda overlooks the part where I supported Smith in the face of this pathetic witch hunt.

Don't get me wrong; I'm having as much of a laugh over this as you would over an English implosion (which are almost yearly events btw).

But with Davey it's just a matter of calling it as I see it. He's a cancer to your team and frankly not worth the trouble given how useless he is overseas.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
yep, for the most part the biggest critics have been Australians - because of the damage done to the baggy green and what it seems to represent within Aust - to deflect to Tommy and I is a bit lame - aside from the occasional dig I don't think we've been as bad as you want to believe

Lancing the boil that is Warner would be a great start - him and El Diablo have both gone MIA, are they the same person? Lots of similarities in the petulant schoolyard bully stuff

JJ

Immortal
Probably not the way it panned out but would it be possible that Warner (and a couple of the bowlers) went behind Smiths back?

Sounds a bit far fetched but wouldn't surprise me

A
been no talk that a bowler is involved - I'd be surprised but then the whole thing is a surprise so at this stage who the f**k knows

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...l/news-story/be830e75cb323c2c21c708b629ec0008

rumour at this stage, but Warner being pointed as the ring leader and the one who orchestrated his crap

if that is the case, he should have got his sorry ass at the press conference not Bancroft

weak as piss

and from the same article

"Sources close to Warner, however, deny that he was the instigator."

most of the articles produced on this topic, particularly from Foxspam are just speculation