What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

JJ

Immortal
The same ones will then be moaning about having a shit captain while losing the next 5 series to blot.
meh, you've had shit captains since Steve Waugh retired - with that attack and Smith in the middle order what you need is someone of character leading the team and as coach - someone like Tugga as a manager, Gillespie as coach, and a respected guy (Bailey seems to be mentioned a lot, I dunno) as captain

TBH it speaks volumes for the culture that that toxic merkin Warner was v/c

Eelectrica

Referee
Definately getting to the punishment sufficient stage. Captaincy/VC stripped game suspensions.

Fines that will most likely be made up in one IPL match.

Conspiring to actively cheat and conceal the attempt is worse than sucking a lolly and polishing the ball. Life bans though are not called for. Players need that chance to regain trust and respect.

The reaction is from people being fed up with the players on this tour blindly lurching from one disaster to the next without a care in the world. Speaks to a total lack of leadership and it's time we get leadership.

JJ

Immortal
Lol Bailey....

We want someone who can bat.
Sure, but first and foremost you need a leader

And I wonder if you're simply better off without Warner - he's simply a toxic merkin who can't handle himself when there's any sense of resistance from the opposition - loves to dish shit out but can't handle it himself

Mr Spock!

Referee
Sure, but first and foremost you need a leader

And I wonder if you're simply better off without Warner - he's simply a toxic merkin who can't handle himself when there's any sense of resistance from the opposition - loves to dish shit out but can't handle it himself

A bit like Kohli then...

It seems people want players based on how nice they are.

JJ

Immortal
A bit like Kohli then...

It seems people want players based on how nice they are.
Not at all - just people need to understand the reality of where lines are, and understand they are not the sole arbiter of that location

If as stories are suggesting Warner was behind this he might be done, his continual embarrassment of himself and the baggy green is a bit much

Also seems Hazelwood and Starc might be pissed at being dragged into this by Smith - all just bizarrely stupid

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not at all - just people need to understand the reality of where lines are, and understand they are not the sole arbiter of that location

If as stories are suggesting Warner was behind this he might be done, his continual embarrassment of himself and the baggy green is a bit much

Also seems Hazelwood and Starc might be pissed at being dragged into this by Smith - all just bizarrely stupid

again, like Kholi.

Is there a reference about Haze and Starc?

JJ

Immortal
Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
If it's true about Warner, the way he's gone to ground I'd be happy with him never playing for Australia again. It least Smith copped it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Probably not the way it panned out but would it be possible that Warner (and a couple of the bowlers) went behind Smiths back?

Sounds a bit far fetched but wouldn't surprise me

Agree with Timbo, if it was Warner who came up with the idea and wanted it going, not to front up about it then can go and get f**ked. Im more pissed off at that over some poncy ball tampering issue

Tommy Smith

Referee
Nothing that comes out about Warner surprises me.

He is a colossal merkin and always has been.

Apparently this is a revelation to some only after this fall out?

JJ

Immortal
Nothing that comes out about Warner surprises me.

He is a colossal merkin and always has been.

Apparently this is a revelation to some only after this fall out?

Some still want to defend him, because he's hard but fair and doesn't cross lines

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, to be honest I had the displeasure of meeting Davey in a social setting a few years back. This 'new and improved and grounded' persona was always smoke and mirrors. I've never met a more full of themselves bloke in my life.

You install a dickhead like this as the lieutenant for a young skipper, what do you expect?

Reactions: JJ

Latest posts