What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 test Australia v India 2018/19 - prediction thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
A bit of fun thread, I think the expectation is we will get thrashed.

Hopefully with most of the test players getting good hit out in the Shield it will do us well for the test series

Usually we are coming into a test series on the back of a ODI series overseas or something like that, so preparation is probably the best we are gonna get

Read somewhere India didn't want to play us first in Brisbane, nor a day night test. Hence why we are playing SL in Brisbane d/n late January, and the Adelaide test wont be a d/n vs India

Here we go,

Series result: 2-2

Shaun Marsh runs: 500

Mitch Marsh runs: 350

Virat Kholi runs: 280

Most wickets for Australia: Hazlewood (23)

Centuries for Australia: 7

Centuries for India: 6

Ducks for Australia: 11

Ducks for India: 8

Total run outs both sides: 3

Player of series: Aaron Finch

Bazal

Post Whore
Series result: Australia 3-1. We've been shit but India have shown me little to suggest they'll be that much better out here than they ever have been before. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose, but I feel like we'd have to lose this series rather than India winning it.

Shaun Marsh runs: 300 odd, with one decent hundred and not much else

Mitch Marsh runs: 150

Virat Kholi runs: 450

Most wickets for Australia: Starc (22). I think he'll fire, and the Indian tail looks juicy.

Centuries for Australia:6

Centuries for India: 5

Ducks for Australia: 4

Ducks for India: 12, mostly vs Starc in the tail

Total run outs both sides: 2. Probably a Marsh, and one involving V-Rat

Player of series: Starc

Virat Kohli Stumps claimed: 7

Ashwin bowling average for series: 49.5

Replays of Harbies cheating hat-trick: 9

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Series result: 3-1 Aus. Without Smith our batting stocks are very compromised but, Kholi aside, are Indian batsmen any better than our line up away from the sub continent? Especially against our pace attack. Ashwin is goat shit away from home.

Shaun Marsh runs: 300. He'll jag a hundred and a root from JL

Mitch Marsh runs: Don't care - this guy is a myth and I don't believe in myths.

Virat Kholi runs: 400. Quality player despite being the biggest wanker to play the game since Warne.

Most wickets for Australia: hopefully Cummins but Starc will probably top it with tail wickets.

Centuries for Australia: 7

Centuries for India: 5

Ducks for Australia: 13. 8 from the Marsh bros plus 5 others

Ducks for India: 10

Total run outs both sides: 1

Player of series: Mitch Marsh

Bazal

Post Whore
Doesn't matter - look at your lot

Hang on. I thought our lot were all flat track bullies and home track bullies?

So, given that, and given India have demonstrated time and again they are mostly kittens on our decks, I think it does matter....

Matt23

Staff member
Series result : 1 all
Shaun Marsh runs: 250
Mitch Marsh runs: 160
Virat Kohli runs: 520
Most wickets Australia: Josh Hazelwood (19)
Centuries for Australia: 6
Centuries for India : 6
Ducks for Australia: 16
Ducks for India: 14
Total run outs for both team's: 0
Man of the series: Virat Kohli

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Hang on. I thought our lot were all flat track bullies and home track bullies?

So, given that, and given India have demonstrated time and again they are mostly kittens on our decks, I think it does matter....
Indian bats have done ok in Aust haven't they?

The king of flat track bullies is suspended, the world's best bat is suspended, last I heard Khawaja was out too? SMarsh is good for a century perhaps two (along either an equal # of ducks and a stupid run out), and he's probably your best bat? Handscomb was definitely a flat track warrior. Are Burns and Renshaw in the reckoning?

The Indians issue is more whether there bowlers can threaten in your conditions, IMO

JJ

Immortal
Can I add to my Predictions?: JJ will turn over to the tennis if Australia do well.
Does it clash with the Aust Open??

Nah, love watching your quicks... my predictions:

Series result: 2-2

Shaun Marsh runs: 250 runs - 75% in one knock

Mitch Marsh runs: 150 runs

Virat Kholi runs: 450 runs

Most wickets for Australia: Cummins 20 - if they stay sound I think there'll be an equal share for Hazelwood/Cummins and Starc

Centuries for Australia: 3

Centuries for India: 6

Ducks for Australia: 7

Ducks for India: 5

Total run outs both sides: 3

Player of series: Kohli

Bazal

Post Whore
Indian bats have done ok in Aust haven't they?

The king of flat track bullies is suspended, the world's best bat is suspended, last I heard Khawaja was out too? SMarsh is good for a century perhaps two (along either an equal # of ducks and a stupid run out), and he's probably your best bat? Handscomb was definitely a flat track warrior. Are Burns and Renshaw in the reckoning?

The Indians issue is more whether there bowlers can threaten in your conditions, IMO

See, that's a much better response, and raises some valid points. Khawaja is 50/50 I think, and would be a huge loss. It's also not really clear who's in the running, based on form and the random nature of selections lately. However I think you're overselling the Indians quite a bit.

Their best bat on the last tour was Murali Vijay IIRC. That says a lot. Rahane, Vijay, and Kohli have good records here and will bear a lot of the weight of scoring. Pujara is quite poor away from home and averages 30 odd here. Rahul has barely played here and averages 30. Shaw, Vihari and Pant have never played here, Rohit Sharma (Avg 28) will likely be tormented by swing and bounce if he even plays. Beyond that, their keeper looks like being Parthiv Patel (Avg 32 here) or possibly Pant or Rahul, which would put more pressure on them. The "all rounders" in Ashwin and Jadeja average 27 and nothing out here.

Like I said, I see nothing there that tells me India will do much better than they have previously. Teams with Sachin, Laxman, Dravid, Ganguly and Sehwag couldn't win out here....granted our attack was better then too, but really, Kohli, Rahane and a notoriously inconsistent Vijay surrounded by youngsters and Parthiv Patel isn't exactly a terrifying lineup.

It could go either way, but i still think it's more likely to be a case of us playing like busteds and losing it if India do get over the line. At least our mugs have the home town advantage.