What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 test Australia v India 2018/19 - prediction thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
Indian bats have done ok in Aust haven't they?

The king of flat track bullies is suspended, the world's best bat is suspended, last I heard Khawaja was out too? SMarsh is good for a century perhaps two (along either an equal # of ducks and a stupid run out), and he's probably your best bat? Handscomb was definitely a flat track warrior. Are Burns and Renshaw in the reckoning?

The Indians issue is more whether there bowlers can threaten in your conditions, IMO

Agree, Their bowlers are the key IMO

Kholi did really well last time he was here, however it was at a time when our bowlers were no where near as brutal as they could have been due at a sad point in time (RIP Phil Hughes). Maybe the added pressure and expectation to succeed for the first time may get to him? Id expect our bowlers to go after him aggressively. They have shown in SA (similar decks to us) No Kholi no India.

Our bowlers , provided we don't make concrete baron decks should be superior to theirs. Up to our bats to contribute, or hold their own. Finch, SMarsh, Khawaja have the temperament to do real well, at least be in the contest.

Time will tell

simmo1

First Grade
India's pace bowlers have been very good this year, probably even their strength (Kohli aside). They won't get the assistance here they got in England and SA but I'm expecting them to be much improved from previous tours.

If they stop picking bowling all-rounders like Ashwin, Jadeja and Panya in their top 6/7, and avoid playing T20 sloggers like Sharma and Dhawan all together, then they have a chance.

Valheru

Coach
Series result: 3-0 Aus. Our batting is struggling but India have always been rubbish here. Our bowling is still top notch especially in Australia and the Indian batsmen will wilt.

Shaun Marsh runs: 380 (unfortunately)

Mitch Marsh runs: 220.

Virat Kholi runs: 450

Most wickets for Australia: Lyon (28)

Centuries for Australia: 6

Centuries for India: 3

Ducks for Australia: 11

Ducks for India: 14

Total run outs both sides: 3

Player of series: Nathan Lyon

tomdl

Bench
I predict if the selectors show a little faith and give Renshaw a crack despite been a bit out of form right now he will make 2 tons.

typicalfan

Coach
This is going to be one tough summer to watch.

Series result: 2-1 India, I would reverse it if MMarsh doesn't play. I think we need to bat at least 90 overs an innings (aside from possible short innings due to tactical declaration or small run chases) to win the series. With Marsh that is almost definitely not.

Shaun Marsh runs: 320(unfortunately)

Mitch Marsh runs: 195.

Virat Kholi runs: 500

Most wickets for Australia: Hazelwood 25

Centuries for Australia: 4

Centuries for India: 6

Ducks for Australia: 15

Ducks for India: 9

Total run outs both sides: 3

Player of series: For Aus, Khawaja, Overall Kholi.​

Eelectrica

Referee
Some brave selections for the selectors to be sure. I will match their bravery some predictions.

Handscombe to have a 500 run series
S. Marsh to score century in the second test. Will end up with about 130 for the series.

Siddle - A couple of wickets as some unfortunate batsmen get caught on the boundary.

The selectors start a new rotation policy as Hazlewood and Cummins bowl 100 each overs in the third test. MCG gets infracted by the ICC

Matt Wade makes his welcome return to the side as a bowler for the 4th test. Because gut instinct trumps logic when selecting the national team.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
Of course this one works.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I mean I could have done that, but I'm just seeing what works and what doesn't,

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Wonder if this will work. Anyway I'm done now. try later
What are you talking about?

Eelectrica

Referee
What are you talking about?
Looks like you guys have sorted it. Basically any message over a certain length produced that error message, minus my additions. Should probably just delete this last three messages though now.

Last edited:

2 weeks

Coach
Ralf knows what's gunna happen when we bat

AGEgPFeCfMNK7p916XITsdtcEUfpIFG3UItmUQmVL_z_o0sFr2KdtbBqXDt1lqwu6I4o6w=w442-h333-nc

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Australia 4-0, maybe 3-0 if Indian batsmen get going. Don't care how bad the Aussie side looks, Indian bowlers producing on Aussie decks is about as likely as Aussies going to India and grinding down their spinners.

Latest posts