What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4N: Aussie Team changes?

The 18th Man

Juniors
Who can you see being dropped for the team for our game vs England?

Chris Lawrence coming in to the side for one of either Tonga (wasn't impressive today) or Tate (injury) is an obvious one for mine.

Cooper Cronk wasn't his usual 8/10 self. He may be forgiven given the weather conditions weren't too suit for an attacking style game. He came up with an error or two, some bad decisions and kicks. Will he make way for Todd Carney moving back to the bench thus seeing Gidley dropped?

Our back row was good. I don't like Myles starting at prop. I'd start David Shillington to be honest. I'd like to see Morris more involved when the ball isn't coming his way, he rarely popped up from memory and they may count against him when you have a player like Darius Boyd in the squad.

There are some talking points. I don't think there is a mass culling coming, but I think there will be changes.

Tate, Gidley, Tiquiri, Myles- OUT
Cooper (not in squad I know), Young, Carney, Boyd- IN

Just my opinion. It's got me buggered how St.George can win the comp' in such dominant fashion and not have at least a hand-full of players in the test side.

Broncos93

Juniors
Tate, Gidley, Tiquiri, Myles- OUT
Cooper (not in squad I know), Young, Carney, Boyd- IN

Just my opinion. It's got me buggered how St.George can win the comp' in such dominant fashion and not have at least a hand-full of players in the test side.

Is Tiquiri out just to accommodate Boyd or by his own fault today?

Because if it's the latter I'm quite suprised. I thought he played good today.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tonga was utter rubbish IMO. He should be left out, and Tate's injury should see a fresh centre pairing. I'm actually thinking Tuqiri into the centres, Lawrence in the other centre position and bring Boyd onto the wing.

Rest of the team was solid, although Myles bench, Shillington start IMO.

Ladmate

Bench
If Morris was on Tuqiri's wing the same result would have happened. It was the centre, not the winger. Lawrence replace Tonga.

user_nat

Coach
Tonga was utter rubbish IMO. He should be left out, and Tate's injury should see a fresh centre pairing. I'm actually thinking Tuqiri into the centres, Lawrence in the other centre position and bring Boyd onto the wing.

Rest of the team was solid, although Myles bench, Shillington start IMO.

Everyone was talking about how it was good to have an actual winger.. and you want to move him into a position that he has (possibly?) never player?

If Morris was on Tuqiri's wing the same result would have happened. It was the centre, not the winger. Lawrence replace Tonga.
Everyone was saying the same thing last year in regards to Hodges/Hayne. Then in the final they switched Morris and Hayne, and Hayne still couldn't score.. but Morris got 2.

The 18th Man

Juniors
:lol:

Is all I have to say.

Laughing at? :? Thanks for your contribution.

Right or wrong, Sheens has shown he will change his side if he ain't happy with individual performances. Some invididuals were down today against a hapless opponent. Tonga will be lucky to hold on as will one of either Cronk or Gidley.

Interesting take on Lote Timmah, I am not sure I see him moving inside to make way for Boyd. Morris, as good a finisher as there is today, may make way for Boyd though. I think Morris needed to do a little more in coming off his wing and taking some hit ups. Maybe I didn't notice him and it's my issue. I don't have any stats on the game. I just thought he was a little 'out of sight, out of mind' which can't be good at a selection table when you have a player of Boyd's quality in waiting. I don't think there will be much needed to make a case for Darius coming in to the team for either winger.

Last edited:

The 18th Man

Juniors
Probably a sacred cow, but what does Civoniceva actually offer at this level these days?

Veteran leadership amongst other things like ensuring the middle of the ruck is plugged up when defending and making the tough meters no one writes about the morning papers.

user_nat

Coach
Probably a sacred cow, but what does Civoniceva actually offer at this level these days?

The four props for Australia:
Civoniceva - 12 runs for 107m, 17 tackles
Myles - 14 runs for 105m, 20 tackles
Shillington - 10 runs for 76m, 14 tackles (lol)
Lars - 9 runs for 90m, 15 tackles

Doesn't really seem much worse than the rest of them. He got dominated a few times though.

Back rowers had much better stats though.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The four props for Australia:
Civoniceva - 12 runs for 107m, 17 tackles
Myles - 14 runs for 105m, 20 tackles
Shillington - 10 runs for 76m, 14 tackles (lol)
Lars - 9 runs for 90m, 15 tackles

Doesn't really seem much worse than the rest of them. He got dominated a few times though.

Stats like that are pretty irrelevant imo. These days Civoniceva getting the ball just means the defence can rest easy because he's not gonna do anything.