What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4N: Aussie Team changes?

roughyedspud

Coach
i've never got civoniceva,yeah he's a solid,dependable,workhorse prop....but he does'nt have or ever as had the xfactor..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I am not sure it's in a prop's job description to make what they do look pretty.

Are you being stupid on purpose? What I'm saying is, Petero doesn't really hit the line that hard or dominate in contact that well any more. That is a prop's job. Just imo.

The 18th Man

Juniors
i've never got civoniceva,yeah he's a solid,dependable,workhorse prop....but he does'nt have or ever as had the xfactor..

So name a prop today who has this so called "X-Factor" that sells magazines and ensures groupies are waiting around long after the game. Should be interesting.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
So name a prop today who has this so called "X-Factor" that sells magazines and ensures groupies are waiting around long after the game. Should be interesting.

Every prop in the Aussie squad and the Kiwi squad is more likely to make a half-break, poke his nose through the line and/or make a telling offload than Petero.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Are you being stupid on purpose? What I'm saying is, Petero doesn't really hit the line that hard or dominate in contact that well any more. That is a prop's job. Just imo.

I am the stupid one? Please re-read some of the tripe your sprouting re: your namesake on these very forums and in this very thread.

I think you're alone or in the minority in your assessment. Each to their own.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I am the stupid one? Please re-read some of the tripe your sprouting re: your namesake on these very forums and in this very thread.

How is any of that tripe?

You're just ignorant. It's an established fact that Vatuvei's presence/absence has a pretty extraordinary effect on the winning records of the Kiwis and the Warriors.

Coaster

Bench
FFS Petro is there for the exact reason you want him out.
He does exactly what you expect of him, he GOES Forward.

Work out the stats today of how many points was scored while he was on the field.
He sucks defenders into the ruck, it is what a prop should do, it gives room for the backs.

Do you guys even know how tries are scored, or are you just thinking it is throwing it around?

The 18th Man

Juniors

Work out the stats today of how many points was scored while he was on the field.
He sucks defenders into the ruck, it is what a prop should do, it gives room for the backs.

Do you guys even know how tries are scored, or are you just thinking it is throwing it around?

By guys you mean Manu_Vatuvei ;-)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

No. I know his job is to go forward, and I don't think he does it that well any more. I've always been a big fan of Petero.

Way too many people catching feelings up in here.

user_nat

Coach
No. I know his job is to go forward, and I don't think he does it that well any more. I've always been a big fan of Petero.

Didn't I post some stats that would suggest the opposite of this?

Anyhow, one problem I had with the team is the same thing I said after the Anzac test this year. Having a 9 and 7 from the same team isn't necessarily all that good of an idea. Smith would almost always go to the side that Cronk was on, even if it wasn't the best option.

Coaster

Bench

It was a crazy statement.

The guy is the first picked IMO, he does his job every game i see him play.

No mistakes, over 100 meters every game for about the last 9 years, hard hitter in defense, no injuries, pulls 3-4 defenders every hitup, drops his hip into defenders, has a hit and roll technique to eliminate dominate tackles, the guy is a legend.

If the kiwis had him they would be a force.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It was a crazy statement.

The guy is the first picked IMO, he does his job every game i see him play.

No mistakes, over 100 meters every game for about the last 9 years, hard hitter in defense, no injuries, pulls 3-4 defenders every hitup, drops his hip into defenders, has a hit and roll technique to eliminate dominate tackles, the guy is a legend.

If the kiwis had him they would be a force.

I'm pretty happy with the Kiwi's forward stocks, and I'm also happy to have Petero in the opposition when we play the 'Roos. I have nothing against the bloke, I think he is just a fraction past his best. A guy who does a very specific job like him needs to be at his best to warrant a place.

user_nat

Coach
*sigh* those stats mean jack sh*t. Whether someone makes 7 or 8 or 9 metres on a hit-up really doesn't tell you much.

The point was.. no one else did better. So why single out Petro?

Anyhow, what do you expect.. a line break every hitup?