What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th ODI: England v Australia at Lords Sept 12, 2009

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Paine really looks the goods,definately Haddin long term replacement. Good to see Binga bowling quick and knocking the stumps over, and the Poms just had no clue to Hauri the wonder bowler, makes you think what might have happened in the 5th test :?

TheParraboy

Staff member
When Haurie came on the tide turned, thats for sure, what a star

Locky even made a couple posts in the wee hours, in between the vacuuming

beads6

First Grade
Another easy win for the Aussies. Clarke scored at qucker rate which is good news for him.. I agree with others about Watson, he just needs to go out and hit. His LBW weakness is brought about by the fact he is trying to work a single rather than belt the ball out of the park

lockyno1

Post Whore
When Haurie came on the tide turned, thats for sure, what a star

Locky even made a couple posts in the wee hours, in between the vacuuming

Haurie should be almost our first bowler picked at the moment, the Poms have no idea how to play him!!:lol:

Ridders

Coach
I think its fair to say that when ever Hauritz has played, he's out bowled the opposition England spinner most of the time. Same goes for the test matches as well.

Strauss has no idea what to do with him :cool:

Speaking of Strauss f**k i'm glad he's being exposed as a captain. Way to defensive in the test matches, and the same thing in the ODI's as well.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Its no suprise to see these bowlers who have often struggled at test level but been good at ODI level doing well here and people then claiming they would have made a difference in the test series :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
Hauritz could have made a difference at the Oval. Lee well who knows, he was going well in the tour matches but we will never know if that would have translated into Ashes success. What both would have done is extend our lower order batting.

Ridders

Coach
Yep he may not be good at producing wicket balls, but he's always been good at playing the containment role, which eventually leads to wickets in ODI's.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Go Paine!!!

Yep, go Timmy!:D

86820.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yep he may not be good at producing wicket balls, but he's always been good at playing the containment role, which eventually leads to wickets in ODI's.

yeah, I agree

they were two pretty terrible shots by the batsmen

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I have to eat my words with regards to Hauritz. That was an excellent spell of bowling from him, he did his job. As for Brett Lee, well as a fan its good to see him hit those high speeds again and still bowl with accuracy... however, all this speed is just ammo for good batsmen. England might fall to these fast yorkers, but unless they are all of prior's dismissal's quality he will go for a few against other teams. Lee is now a more complete bowler, and as long as he remembers that good times should be ahead.

Latest posts