What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

TheParraboy

Staff member
How great is Test cricket ?

Will we be making any changes ? Can’t see too many. Drop Wade for Henriques? Head back?

India be making a couple of forced ones

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How confident are you in Warner and/or Pucovski?

Puc's earned his spot and should be retained fitness depending

Warner has looked like shit since he got injured and has had very poor footwork, perhaps the injury or perhaps lead feet as he's older than Moses, at some stage we need to find a replacement, maybe after this series

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wade out, Head back in.
I'd be tempted to drop Starc and give Pattinson a shot.

our fossilized selectors wont pick 3 right arm quicks, they showed that with Notch no matter how bad he got

not a bad suggestion tho, I do like Patto

Meth

Staff member
Puc's earned his spot and should be retained fitness depending

Warner has looked like shit since he got injured and has had very poor footwork, perhaps the injury or perhaps lead feet as he's older than Moses, at some stage we need to find a replacement, maybe after this series

Yeah was only questioning either on the basis of fitness. No doubt, Warner and Puc are your best options to open

Fangs

Coach
Starc's position will be under the microscope. Pattinson and Abbott are obvious choices. Jhye Richardson is a bit left field considering the lack of cricket he has played.

Neser is another option. Left armer I believe. So that lets us keep some variety in attack. Not sure how he would go as a first change bowler (Cummins surely opens).

Wade out for Head. If Pucovski is out then we have Harris I guess.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Starc's position will be under the microscope. Pattinson and Abbott are obvious choices. Jhye Richardson is a bit left field considering the lack of cricket he has played.

Neser is another option. Left armer I believe. So that lets us keep some variety in attack. Not sure how he would go as a first change bowler (Cummins surely opens).

Wade out for Head. If Pucovski is out then we have Harris I guess.
Neser bowls right arm, he’s a poor mans Cummins. Patto should be considered for Starc who bowled shit bar a few overs near the end. Wade will stay because JL has faith in him.

Eelectrica

Referee
Who knows with Warner. Looked like the groin was still troubling him.
He scored runs in the ODI series, but then again so did Finch so hard to read much from that.
Scored plenty last summer against Pakistan and NZ, but so did many others, so again hard to get a read.

Fangs

Coach
Neser bowls right arm, he’s a poor mans Cummins. Patto should be considered for Starc who bowled shit bar a few overs near the end. Wade will stay because JL has faith in him.

Not sure who I was thinking of then.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think Paine is in the Wayne Phillips mould. A back up keeper with the same test average of 32 (except Phillips scored 2 centuries to Paine's zero).
At least Phillips had to play against top quality attacks from the Windies and Poms. He was a batsmen who kept a bit.

Eelectrica

Referee
Don't suppose there's any chance of Paine getting suspended for the Gabba test. That might work.

Sure it means Wadey back behind the stumps, but not seeing much difference.

Get a new captain at least.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he got fined and is available for the 4th test

Chapelli at his best

Hutty1986

Immortal
Gabba record aside, India will be feeling supremely confident after Australia's disgraceful bowling 'effort' today.
Our only hope is for us to bat first, and our only batsmen in Smith/Labs to score big runs. Hopefully we turn up for once and give it to that flog Ashwin.
Peaheart Starc will somehow keep his spot. Fingers crossed no one upsets the poor lil fella in the lead-up or he'll drop his bundle again.

Latest posts