What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at Gabba Jan 15-19, 2021

undertaker

Coach
Apparently this pitch is not the one usually chosen for test cricket, plus it's an unusual time of year of course. The bit where they bounce the stupid little ball stitched together by starving Indian children in VFL is right on the edge of this wicket. So basically we can blame VFL for everything as usual.

So, it would've been better if the Gabba test had been played in November/December and the pitch that should've been used included the patch where the VFL bounce occurs?

Fangs

Coach
I was thinking Green or the Little Master. Tell them both it’s Big Bash. If they (especially Wade) get out it’s no tremendous loss

That works too. I'd just expect Smith will take a bit longer to get in. Our best bat as well so more time in the middle for him will help us. Also a better striker than Labs who I would move down to 6. Wade/Green definately in straight after Smith however. Probably even Starc ahead of Labs.

undertaker

Coach
With all the talk about trying to win the Border-Gavaskar trophy, nothing has been mentioned about the World Test Championship Final this year by the commentators.

Australia definitely don't want to be losing this test match, that's for sure.

gUt

Coach
So, it would've been better if the Gabba test had been played in November/December and the pitch that should've been used included the patch where the VFL bounce occurs?

Not sure Cuz but one thing's for sure: Victoria should be nuked from orbit.

undertaker

Coach
After approximately 13k for each of the first 3 days, anyone want to take a guess of what the crowd is there? Sounds like a funeral!

Eelectrica

Referee
On the one hand yay, our openers are scoring runs. On the other hand, if our openers can score, how the hell are we going to take 10 wickets.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I think the request of India (BCCI) to move Gabba test due to IPL

Then of course we play them in 3 t20 and 3 ODIs

With all the talk about trying to win the Border-Gavaskar trophy, nothing has been mentioned about the World Test Championship Final this year by the commentators.

Australia definitely don't want to be losing this test match, that's for sure.

They did cover it (on fox anyway). Warner very vocal we go for the win rather than worry about making test final

Sphagnum

Coach
What a dumb way to get out. Awful stuff.

He was trying to hit it over the keeper imo. f**ken dumbest shot I’ve seen for awhile (excluding anything wade’s done of course)

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Good ball, a little unlucky their Harris. He did well to get out of the way of that. I would’ve played a pull shot & launched it

yobbo84

First Grade
Harris getting out is good for us. Hitting a four followed by 16 dot balls before another four isn't enough right now...

Latest posts