What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5/8, The problem.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Have a look at how much we needed to dominate possession to win our games.
If its even, we struggle & mostly lose.
I havent found a game yet where we lost possession & won.

carinashark

First Grade
When that confidence is gone, you feel like you have to watch everyone in defence and the pattern stops being just that: a pattern. And it becomes 13 players trying to tackle on their own or in pairs. Thanks Gregos.

This is deffinately what we look like! Defensive patterns and the understanding of them by players is the coaches role. Are our players not smart enough? At times our defensive line looks solid close to the line , maybe for 3 tackles then we seem to slow down and become hesitant. Tries get scored under the posts.Change players?
Carinashark

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So are you saying the Roosters have dominated possession every game this year?

SATW, think before you post & dont argue for arguings sake.

Good teams have the ability to win games against posession flow & mostly do. I know this to be fact.
If you want to challenge that fact(that I heard straight from a coaches mouth) then get to work.
Back up your opinions with facts.

On your post, yes we did well to rack those points up. Not that that has anything to do with anything. We lost the match.

SATW, think before you post & dont argue for arguings sake.

There is no intention to 'argue for aguings sake', Im stating my opinion as the forum is meant to be used, not arguing.

Back on topic, I agree the top teams would still win, but I did say 'most'.

Not that that has anything to do with anything. We lost the match.

Well it has got alot to do with the topic of posession, we had hardly any yet still ended up in double figures. The main thing to draw out of all of this and posession, is that it is evident we dont find it difficult to score points with low posession, it is our continuing problem of defence which comes back to hurt us more so when the opposing team has the football more frequently.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
80 min hooker required.
The hooker should be the centre of the defensive line, should be one of the leading kick chasers, and should make 40 odd important unflashy tackles.
Give me Buderus
Give me Priddis

A good 5/8 would be nice, but personally I believe our problem remain in having part timers.

Dorsel

Juniors
Gallen - second row
Dykes and Noddy working opposite sides of the ruck
The Peach and Vagana peeling off either of them etc....
It's all good I reckon.. :)

PJ

First Grade
I agree Popper.

Even if he stays on the field I think his best is well behind him. And even then it was pot luck as to which Dykes showed up.

Dorsel

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
80 min hooker required.
The hooker should be the centre of the defensive line, should be one of the leading kick chasers, and should make 40 odd important unflashy tackles.
Give me Buderus
Give me Priddis

Priddis is crap tackler (although his attack is that awesome who cares.. :) unlike Buderus or Sully....Sully should be in the run on side at hooker...he's got it all I reckon....he's the full Buderus in the making.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dorsel,
Sully aiiin't no Buderus or Priddis. He needs to START tackling like wing to have a chance.
Hilder on the other hand could be a top class hooker IMO, with the added bonus of being a kicker.

Dorsel

Juniors
just my opinion Mr Angry...very very early days for Sully...ET's defence wasn't real flash in the early days either was it? Hilder can stay right where he is imo....

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
And what position is Hilder in you opinion?

No Et's defence was not great when he first came in, but his potential as a defensive centre was always there, can you say the same for Sully as a hooker.
IMO he tackles and attacks like a halfback/five-eight not a hooker.

Sully has been a great attacking weapon, but attack is hardly our problem.

Latest posts