What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5/8th in 2007

philstorm

Juniors
Who will Craig 'The Genius' Bellamy choose to be our 5/8th in 2007? The candidates are Aitken, Bond, Geyer, Inglis,Aubusson and even Crocker!

Who do you believe should be given the go?

My pick, Aubusson.

sheet_ed

Juniors
At the end of the preseason we will know:
1. Turner is a Titan
2. If Quinn is a centre or winger
3. If Aitken or Bond lives up to their hype.

This will determine who our 5/8th is.

My worry with Inglis is that he doen't get involved enough to be a 5/8th and if he moves - who fills the void as the centres and wings shuffle.

MONY

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Inglis to 5/8th and Quinn into the centres...problem solved.

But then who would play on the wing?

I would like to see Folau to centre and Inglis to 5/8. He has the height, strength, speed and offload to be a damaging ball runner at second receiver.

Cranky

Juniors
Leave Inglis where he is for now. It would be a mistake to burden him with playmaking duties. Let him concentrate on doing what he does best. Running the ball.

Mabey in a few years though....

MONY

Juniors
What do you think he would do at 5/8, kick the ball into the grandstand??

Hill was a ball running 5/8. He was strong in the tackle and could get an offload. Imagine what Inglis could do there.

Cranky

Juniors
MONY said:
What do you think he would do at 5/8, kick the ball into the grandstand??

Hill was a ball running 5/8. He was strong in the tackle and could get an offload. Imagine what Inglis could do there.
Well he would have to organise and set up his outside men. I'd rather him grab the ball and run towards the try line.

Don't get me wrong, I think Inglis will make a great 5/8th one day, but after watching him v NZ the other week, I just think he needs a little more time before he can step into the role. There were several times where he looked a little lost out there.

Then again, mabey Matty Johns could iron that out.

Molly

Juniors
Cranky said:
Well he would have to organise and set up his outside men. I'd rather him grab the ball and run towards the try line.

Don't get me wrong, I think Inglis will make a great 5/8th one day, but after watching him v NZ the other week, I just think he needs a little more time before he can step into the role. There were several times where he looked a little lost out there.

Then again, mabey Matty Johns could iron that out.

Pretty much agree..I think Inglis will be a great pivot one day...not in the near future though.

Bman26

Juniors
who thought at this time last year that cronk was going to be as good as he proved to be? matty johns and bellyache can work wonders, but in saying that id like to see aitken get a run, all the sharks fans at uni said he was a very promising youngster.

MONY

Juniors
I have seen him play in the lower grades for the Sharks and even Cronulla-Caringbah I think. This was a few years ago however but he was a class above the rest.

Hazy

Juniors
Inglis is good, but he is still too young (physically - esp. if he did grow 4 - 6 cms this year alone) to play in the 6 just yet.

Yes - if you are good enough you are old enough.

BUT - you still need the 'toughness' that only comes with a (fully) mature body to play 5/8 at the top level.

Latest posts