What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 dragons in nsw 21 squad

morris_magic

Juniors
congratulations to:
michael weyman
ben creagh
matt cooper(suprised he got second go)
brett morris
beau scott( i dont think he'll play on the field)

heres the full team:
Trent Barrett, Matt Cooper, Ben Creagh, Josh Dugan, Michael Ennis, Paul Gallen, Kurt Gidley, Jarryd Hayne, Nathan Hindmarsh, Jamal Idris, Jason King, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Luke Lewis, Brett Morris, Luke O'Donnell, Mitchell Pearce, Beau Scott, Timana Tahu, Trent Waterhouse, Michael Weyman, Brett White.

Deacon

First Grade
1. Hayne*/Dugan
2. Morris
3. Tahu
4. Cooper
5. Idris
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. Weyman*
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Lewis*/Waterhouse
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Hindmarsh/Scott*/O'Donnell
16. King
17. L-Lars

*Pending Suspension or medical test tomorrow at the camp

cleary89

Coach
1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Scott
5. Tahu
6. Barrett
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Hindmarsh
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Waterhouse
15. King
16. TLL
17. O'Donnell

SuperSoward

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. Tahu
6. Barrett (C)
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. White
11. Hindmarsh
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley (C)
15. Lewis
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. King

AJ_82

Juniors
Don't be surprised if Scott plays centres given he was first choice for Country in front of Idris and Tahu ... also he gives flexibility on the bench to play back row and fill in should injury hit the centres again.

TheRev

Coach
They are saying Scott plays right side centre (marking Inglis) , and pushing Tahu to right Wing.

Either Hayne or Dugan @ Fullback.

I think both of our centres are lucky to be there mind you, but they are defensively minded centres, which I think appeals to the selectors, Cooper also played well against the Warriors, and probably deserves another shot considering his long history.

Godz Illa

Coach
Congrats to Beau! My Dogs was jumping around with its tail up after hearing his own name read out last night. I don't see him passing the fitness test though... he looked dusty leaving the field on Sunday, and when Beau leaves the field you know he must be hurt. He is one tough sumbitch

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
jamie soward drove past me this morning on the way to training..

i heard this song blaring from his car stereo:

82876589602.jpg

I'd like to see Tahu and Scott in the centres for NSW, Coops will get injured again...
Scott would lock up that side of defense and keep INGLIS quiet..

TheRev

Coach
I'd like to see Tahu and Scott in the centres for NSW, Coops will get injured again...
Scott would lock up that side of defense and keep INGLIS quiet..

• Im scalding myself as I say this, but Inglis actually did nothing in Game 1, he scored 1 late try but it wasnt really anything amazing. Of course if he does have a blinder then were ****ed, so Scott wouldn't hurt to have there, Tahu is pretty decent too though in defence.
  • Cooper hmmm.. doubt he would be in the squad unless he will be at left centre, and he looked great on Sunday, but NSW cant afford to take in an injured Cooper.
  • Idris.. just realised he is still in the squad... whyyyyyyyyy????

SilentAssassin

Juniors
  • Im scalding myself as I say this, but Inglis actually did nothing in Game 1, he scored 1 late try but it wasnt really anything amazing. Of course if he does have a blinder then were ****ed, so Scott wouldn't hurt to have there, Tahu is pretty decent too though in defence.
  • Cooper hmmm.. doubt he would be in the squad unless he will be at left centre, and he looked great on Sunday, but NSW cant afford to take in an injured Cooper.
  • Idris.. just realised he is still in the squad... whyyyyyyyyy????
Cooper and Scott are the centres. Nice effort by Scott!

Idris missed out in the final 17 thats all that matters.

Godz Illa

Coach
Willie Tonga offered his thoughts on Beau Scott yesterday. Tonga was close to career best form early this season when Saints played Nth Qld, and was completely shut down by Beau. No wonder he rates him so highly...

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/tonga-rates-blues-rookie-scott-20100610-xxm5.html

Tonga rates Blues rookie Scott

WAYNE HEMING

June 10, 2010 - 9:09AM
AAP
NSW Origin rookie Beau Scott has received praise from a most unlikely source - rival Queensland centre Willie Tonga.
The 26 year-old St George Illawarra star received his first Origin call up on Monday with coach Craig Bellamy re-jigging his back line to accommodate Jarryd Hayne as fullback for the must-win clash.
Scott, who has benefited significantly from Wayne Bennett's experience over the past 18 months, is not the flashiest centre but Tonga rates him.

Tonga will have his hands full containing Matt Cooper on Wednesday night but he admits to having a very healthy respect for Scott who has he daunting task of stopping Queensland trump Greg Inglis.
"I rate Beau Scott as a defensive centre," said Tonga, hoping for more opportunities than came his way on a wet, slippery pitch in Sydney last month.
"He's up there with the best I've ever played against.
"Matty Cooper's up there, but Scott is one of the best I've gone against.
"He reads it (defence) very well and he is deceptively strong.
"When he gets hold of you, he's like one of the Paul Bowman types, there's not getting away from him."
It's a big wrap for the former Picton Magpie who's successfully made the transition from the back-row to the centres.
One person who won't be surprised by Tonga's assessment will be Scott's NRL club team mate Cooper.
Cooper said back in April that Scott was the man to stop Queensland juggernaut Inglis.
"If NSW are looking for someone to stop Inglis, then Beauie's (Scott) the man for sure," urged Cooper after the pair starred in the Dragons' 19-6 win over the Titans.
"Beauie has been playing unreal. He wouldn't let anyone down if they gave him a blue jumper, with his strong defence.
"If he's marking up on someone like GI (Inglis), he's shown in the past he can stop him."
With a backline reshuffle which includes dropping Jamal Idris, Scott gets a chance to prove Cooper a genius.
Tonga meanwhile wants to involve himself a lot more on a dry, quicker Suncorp Stadium surface.
"Sydney was frustrating because you want to get the ball in your hands and take on the opposition," said the Cowboys wizard.
"I've got Matt Cooper against me and he's on fire at the moment.
"I really want to challenge myself out there on Wednesday night."

© 2010 AAP