What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 reasons to watch the challenge cup final

Stallion

First Grade
1. To watch incorrect play the balls
2. To see embarassing sections of vacant seats at a cup final.
3. To see how the Aussies go.
4. To see if anyone could cut it in the NRL of Australia
5. To see Prince Harry do his bit in rugbyleague which was an unexpected highlight.

I much preferred the one ref system, when I watched a few matches over there. They just move on quickly.
Lol, Rubbish, there's more niggle around the tackle area in British RL due to only having 1 ref, have to have 2 refs in RL. Match today was embarrassing, watering the pitch doesn't help, granted, but lack of handling skill is usual in European RL.

Storm13

Juniors
Thanks. A poor turnout. The game, despite mostly questionable play the balls, deserved a full house. Some real soul searching needs to be had by the rugby league administrators. The code deserves better on and off the field.
Super League hasn't embraced TV like the NRL did. Teams rely on the team down the street to support their crowd figures and when i comes to the big occasion there is no hype surrounding the event.

It’s just a shame that st James Park Newcastle hasn’t been expanded towards 60k or it would have been perfect for the challenge cup final.
And they would probably water the pitch less. Wembley was frikin soaking yesterday. But we should play it in Cardiff and occasionally Murrayfield. How about playing rugby in a rugby stadium!!!!!!!!!!!

Walter sobchak

First Grade
And they would probably water the pitch less. Wembley was frikin soaking yesterday. But we should play it in Cardiff and occasionally Murrayfield. How about playing rugby in a rugby stadium!!!!!!!!!!!
Murrayfield and Cardiff are good shouts until stadiums like Anfield and st James Park are expanded to 60+k

TDD91

Juniors
Wembley is the traditional home of the cup final, however August Bank Holiday weekend has been a disaster for it as there's always going to be works done on the Railways over the weekend, meaning that it's very impractical to reach from the Northwest by public transport. This in addition to being at the same time as 2 major festivals + the Ashes this year has knackered it.

The final is moving to July from next year, which should hopefully boost attendances as it'll be further away from the Grand Final as well as being the only major sporting event happening at that time, as I believe it will be just after the Euros but before the Olympics.