What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 week blocks

shaggs

Coach
Next 5 not including the bye

Round 7 vs roosters (H)
Round 8 vs bulldogs (A)
Round9 vs Cows (H)
Round 10 vs Dolphins (Magic round)
Round 11 vs Manly (A)

This will decide where we want end the year and what sort team we actually are.
Are we mentally weak?
Are we too small in the middle?
Do we lack athletic explosive forwards?

Roosters have been up and down, but lapped is in same game last year
Dogs have much improved
Cows have been shit like us. Who turns it around first
Dolphins, who knows. Have we ever won at Suncorp for magic round??
Manly at brookvale. Curse was broken last year but they have looked pretty good in patches

This could easily be a 0/5 or a 4/5? Which sharks are going to turn up?

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I think we'll get the cows and that's it. We've played 60 minutes of footy this year. The rest has been awful.

If the left side defence stays as is, make it 0-5.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Roosters have won I believe last 7 against us it equals there all time record against us.
They have to make history, never in our 56 years have they beaten us 8 in a row

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Math clearly fails all.

Ronnie owes two points.

Fitz needs to make hard calls.

We lose as soon as we rotate.

Quicksilver

Bench
are we mentally weak? yes
Are we too small in the middle? yes
Do we lack athletic explosive forwards? yes

It feels like the team is a bit unbalanced.

We have light forwards, but then we have an explosive forward playing in the centres.

None are that bad on their own, it's just an accumulation of players not entirely fitting their position.

When our oddball players get an advantage over the opposition they can pump them because they have a different skillset to what their opponent has been trained to deal with. But when that doesn't work they tend to get exposed because they can't do the cookie cutter stuff properly.

Weaponhead

Coach
It feels like the team is a bit unbalanced.

We have light forwards, but then we have an explosive forward playing in the centres.

None are that bad on their own, it's just an accumulation of players not entirely fitting their position.

When our oddball players get an advantage over the opposition they can pump them because they have a different skillset to what their opponent has been trained to deal with. But when that doesn't work they tend to get exposed because they can't do the cookie cutter stuff properly.
McInnes, Finucane and Williams are all smaller middles playing similar roles. With 2 on the field at the same it is a small pack.

I admire McInnes' courage and effort but he has no skill and seems to up with errors at bad times. Dale is a top defender but is aging. Jack is coming back from long term injury and isn't offering much yet.

If McInnes was available now does anyone think Fitz signs him? I doubt it, but he was signed for 4 years before Finucane got signed.

The front rowers are ok without being great. Toby tries hard but is really just an average first grader. BHU has the tools but I'm not sure he really believes he could be a dominant player. Royce is better starting and winding up but they don't seem to trust his motor for more than 10 minute stints. Hoping that Kaufusi kicks on and becomes a more assertive player.

On the upside Nikora has gone to new level. Wilton is learning the hard way that 80 mins at NRL level and requires concentration. He has the most missed tackles in the side at 21 followed by Moylan and Brailey on 20.

Omnishark2

Juniors
The McInnes lock experiment has to end.
For me he either starts at hooker for 25 mins, or he's not in the 17.
This will let Brailey come on fresh & hopefully show the creativity he used to have - he's not an 80 minute player yet.

We've all seen us getting rolled through the middle with our small pack - so 3 big bodies on the bench please Fitz.

As for the LH side - Moylan is definitely struggling, so Trindall deserves a go v the Roosters. I'm not a fan of Trindall on the bench, but he goes better when he starts.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The McInnes lock experiment has to end.
For me he either starts at hooker for 25 mins, or he's not in the 17.
This will let Brailey come on fresh & hopefully show the creativity he used to have - he's not an 80 minute player yet.

We've all seen us getting rolled through the middle with our small pack - so 3 big bodies on the bench please Fitz.

As for the LH side - Moylan is definitely struggling, so Trindall deserves a go v the Roosters. I'm not a fan of Trindall on the bench, but he goes better when he starts.
Fitz will have McInness start against the Roosters, and play more minutes then normal.

txta2

Bench
equal with Dragons and dogs
we suck again GIF

Special K

Coach
Certain teams we do not match up well against. The chooks are one. And we are down 2 middles. Ruh oh.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Certain teams we do not match up well against. The chooks are one. And we are down 2 middles. Ruh oh.
Roosters have won last 7 against us, equals there record against us back in the 60's.

The Roosters do not best the Sharks 8 times in a row it has never happened before, Fitz will have the forwards breathing fire.
The key will be bench rotation who gets it right.
Fitz has seen how Robbo has coached for years, he knows how he operates

Roosters have won last 7 against us, equals there record against us back in the 60's.

The Roosters do not best the Sharks 8 times in a row it has never happened before, Fitz will have the forwards breathing fire.
The key will be bench rotation who gets it right.
Fitz has seen how Robbo has coached for years, he knows how he operates
Our forwards do not breathe fire, they drop the ball and get it put all over them by cory horsbrugh.