What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500k for a winger

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Prince was a cowboy true.. But he made it at Broncs and will finish at Broncs... Was good for Tigpies, average for titans and Who knows what a Broncs return will do for him and Brisbane?

Whether he played better football at the Broncos is irrelevant to the topic that Moron2010 brought up. It takes a while generally, for a player to find their feet in first grade. There is a common belief that it takes around 50 first grade games (approx what he played at the cowboys). Under moron2010's theory, the first 50 first grade games and countless years coming through the system of a club doesn't count. It doesn't get more stupid than that :crazy:

:lol::lol:

Typical Knights fans

Burning at the 2nd biggest sporting club in Australia.

One thing is for sure we will win a premiership before you guys do again.

Yeah and I could say we will win 10 before the broncos win another, but that's irrelevant because I am just talk out of my ass, just like you.

broncos2010

Juniors
You newcastle fans are a bunch of clows on here, I came here to talk about Uate and the 500k you guys are paying a winger and you turn it in to a broncos v knights thread.

Also don't go saying I started when its pretty clear I started the thread about Uate and tried to stay on topic until all you smarty pants starting talking about the broncos.

K-Man

Bench
In the modern game I don't really understand the argument that someone is 'only a winger'.

It's not like the days where wingers stood out there catching a cold hoping to bag a few tries.

Uate leads our hit-up count almost every match, making most of them in the first 3 tackles of the set when building momentum is critical. He has an extremely high tries-to-games ratio and in the end, no matter how the forwards and kickers battle for yardage and dominance, in the end rugby league matches are won by tries and points - nothing else matters if you score more points.

Why would you not pay big money to keep the best player in the comp at taking a half chance and turning it into 4 points? One of the biggest metre eaters around? A player who can finish off breaks by others and go length of the field? A player that takes heat away from others by attracting multiple defenders every run?

And all of that is before we talk about his marketability and the benefits of simply having him at the club.

Wingers are massive contributors to a game. The fact their position is foremost on the edge does not mean they are the least important people on the field, far from it imo.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
In the modern game I don't really understand the argument that someone is 'only a winger'.

It's not like the days where wingers stood out there catching a cold hoping to bag a few tries.

Uate leads our hit-up count almost every match, making most of them in the first 3 tackles of the set when building momentum is critical. He has an extremely high tries-to-games ratio and in the end, no matter how the forwards and kickers battle for yardage and dominance, in the end rugby league matches are won by tries and points - nothing else matters if you score more points.

Why would you not pay big money to keep the best player in the comp at taking a half chance and turning it into 4 points? One of the biggest metre eaters around? A player who can finish off breaks by others and go length of the field? A player that takes heat away from others by attracting multiple defenders every run?

And all of that is before we talk about his marketability and the benefits of simply having him at the club.

Wingers are massive contributors to a game. The fact their position is foremost on the edge does not mean they are the least important people on the field, far from it imo.

Beautifully put on all accounts!! :D

Kman knows.

perverse

Referee
Dudes where is RABK these days? Has he done a Roops and gone 'dark'?
HEOJs.gif

Latest posts