What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50th 'Best Of...' Mafia - Game Thread - Game Over

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks for running it Drew. It was certainly different at the end. As Whall said it is pretty hollow. Given Dutchy's protection of KTF had the D10 lynch gone through as normal I don't think we could have won.

Apey, when we were down to 5 lynching you & having a 2vs2 was in our favour. 9701 couldn't be touched with my protection. Even if his kill failed on KTF we go to a draw the next day phase. A draw I think would have been a palatable result for everyone. Except the indies who are f**ked from the start anyway.

mickyj

Bench
D10 was going to be lynched so he edit a post saying you can't take me alive and them someone else bad got lynched

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Essentially D10 had a brain snap and post suicide instead of letting the lynch take place. Instead of night phase the game continued and got turned upside down.

Apey

Staff member
It was a somewhat absurd role, and 10 was too many (5 is a better number) but it was something fun and amusing I thought; of all people, you could've pulled it off.

To be honest I just found it silly that I was protecting people who were a threat to me. Every person I kept alive did more damage to me. For it to work I think I would have had to be town, had a significantly reduced amount, say 3 - 5 with a maximum of one per night, and once I reach the threshold turn me independent and be declared winner. A townsperson with an extra win condition or something.

Apey, when we were down to 5 lynching you & having a 2vs2 was in our favour. 9701 couldn't be touched with my protection. Even if his kill failed on KTF we go to a draw the next day phase. A draw I think would have been a palatable result for everyone. Except the indies who are f**ked from the start anyway.

What if they redirected your action, 9701's action didn't go through on KTF (which it didn't seem to for whatever reason when Drew initially did Night 7), and they killed 9701?

afinalsin666

First Grade
I'm still trying to figure out how in any scenario I kiled AFS when I never even sent in an action because I knew I would be redirected anyway lol
AFS I never targeted you I never sent an action in

I did kill you originally. Even though you were all but confirmed town :lol:

I was having fun RPing shitty Malcolm Reynolds, but you are the only one that would die when i killed them.

Thanks for giving me a platform to troll Drew. Spewing it never worked.

Apey

Staff member
Thanks for giving me a platform to troll Drew. Spewing it never worked.

Pft, you think you had a platform to troll?

I almost screwed up majorly by posting who I suspected Jon Snow to be. Glad nobody chased up how I knew who Jon Snow was, not sure what BS I was going to come up with for that. I knew it was SGL because he posted asking how I knew DB was BunniesMan, after Jon Snow had tried to kill me the previous night.

Dutchy

Immortal
HH. I sent the arrow at you when you were unconfirmed. It takes 3 night phases for the kill to take place.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Thanks for running it Drew. It was certainly different at the end. As Whall said it is pretty hollow. Given Dutchy's protection of KTF had the D10 lynch gone through as normal I don't think we could have won

This was why I was upset. The game really was in the balance.

soc123_au

Staff member
To be honest I just found it silly that I was protecting people who were a threat to me. Every person I kept alive did more damage to me. For it to work I think I would have had to be town, had a significantly reduced amount, say 3 - 5 with a maximum of one per night, and once I reach the threshold turn me independent and be declared winner. A townsperson with an extra win condition or something.

What if they redirected your action, 9701's action didn't go through on KTF (which it didn't seem to for whatever reason when Drew initially did Night 7), and they killed 9701?

Under that scenario they would have won.

Frederick

Staff member
I'm a bit hesitant to post it.

There was a lot of swearing at the end, especially from drew :lol:

Latest posts