What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: England v Australia at The Oval Aug 21-25, 2013

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dead rubber

Sunshine out due to injury I reckon, Faulkner to come in?

Maybe rest Harris, though test starts in 8 days

I reckon poms will have a few changes. Anderson looks buggered, maybe drop Root

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Watson out Faulkner in. I would play Harris, let him make hay while the sun shines.
I have a feeling Uzi might be dropped.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Oozie needs an extended run like Hughes got but that would be his last chance for mine. Needs a boot his confidence.

And even if he is dropped, who would replace him ?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Maybe Cowan :crazy: With Rogers in form and scoring quickly they might think that a plodder like Mr Ed could be useful in holing up the top order.

Believe me I don't want it to happen but the bare facts are that Uzi hasn't taken his chance and is on thin ice.

And I agree, he looks to have no confidence ATM.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd rest Harris. He has done more than his fair share. Make sure he is 100% fit for the summer Ashes. I reckon we're in with a very good chance at home.

If it was upto me Starc in for Harris. Hughes in for Khawaja if Watson is fit, Hughes in for Watson if Watson is not and give Khawaja one last chance.

Warner
Rogers
Hughes/Khawaja
Clarke
Smith
Hughes/Watson
Haddin
Siddle
Starc
Bird
Lyon

PARRA_FAN

Coach
At least if they rest Harris, the series is gone anyway. Unlike the South African series last summer. Would they give Faulkner a chance?

jargan83

Coach
I'd say bring Faulkner in for Watson and thats it.

Uzi really needs to score some runs but there really is no one to replace him anyway.

Rogers and Warner have earnt the right to finish the series at the top of the order

8 day break between Tests so Harris should be alright to go, he backed up in the 4th Test after only 4 days off

Timbo

Staff member
I would bring Starc in for Harris and Faulkner for Watson.

No sense risking more injury with another Ashes series around the corner.

Haffa

I'd rest Harris. He has done more than his fair share. Make sure he is 100% fit for the summer Ashes. I reckon we're in with a very good chance at home.

If it was upto me Starc in for Harris. Hughes in for Khawaja if Watson is fit, Hughes in for Watson if Watson is not and give Khawaja one last chance.

Warner
Rogers
Hughes/Khawaja
Clarke
Smith
Hughes/Watson
Haddin
Siddle
Starc
Bird
Lyon

:lol: Maybe Hughes could come in for Harris as well?

Warner
Rogers
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Hughes
Haddin
Siddle
Hughes
Bird
Lyon

or your dream team of

Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes

12th man Hughes

Red Bear

Referee
No sense in handing out baggy greens for nothing.

Unchanged, unless Watson is injured. Would love Clarke at three though.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Warner
Rogers
Hughes/Khawaja
Clarke
Smith
Hughes/Watson
Haddin
Siddle
Starc
Bird
Lyon

So if it was up to you, you wouldn't put Hughes in his preferred role as opener, which you keep on and on about is his best position

talk about stabbing the bloke in the back, you sure you don't have a Hughes voodoo doll, and your penis is the little pin? :lol:

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
So if it was up to you, you wouldn't put Hughes in his preferred role as opener, which you keep on and on about is his best position

talk about stabbing the bloke in the back, you sure you don't have a Hughes voodoo doll, and your penis is the little pin? :lol:
I do think he is our best opener and should be our opener but becaue 4 of the top 5 have put their hands up and Khawaja is the only one that hasn't I would just slot Hughes into #3 to cause minimum disruption to the order.

I think Warner is best suited to coming in lower and Hughes opening but after Warner got that good 50 its hard to demote him at this stage.
or your dream team of

Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes
Hughes

12th man Hughes
No no no. I could fit Clarke in at #6 for a bit of variation. But a solid top 5 of Hughes, Hughes, Hughes, Hughes and Hughes would do a fantastic job.

BunniesMan

Immortal
When does the 2 day game begin that is before this? HAH to smash a ton in it to guarantee his spot in this and begin his test cricket rebirth.