What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th CB Series ODI: Fri 30 Jan Australia v South Africa @ WACA Perth

Timbo

Staff member
Jeez harsh on Tsotsobe. He deserved MOTM. Nothing away from Amla but Tsotsobe was brilliant on debut.

Timbo

Staff member
Morkel well deserved man of the series.

Someone get this idiot from Comm Bank to stfu.

simmo1

First Grade
What a tour for van Jaarsveld. Dropped more catches than runs, and takes out the Saffers best player.

Hanscholo

Bench
Has nothing to do with the top order getting out cheaply and putting them under all sorts of pressure?

To be fair to the top order, they havent exactly had the worst of series, the last two games are an exception and inparticular tonight. The middle order however have done the same thing game in and game out, namely fail. The Husseys are f**king infuriating, they dick around at a 50% strike rate, get bogged down by a lolable spiner then after the match is gone the decide to play a shot or two and on the second shot they get out. They have had pristine batting wickets, in most games they have had good if not superb head starts by the top order to work with and what have they done with them?

The Hussey's can turn a 320 score into 225 no problems at all. How about turning over the strike? Getting 4 or 5 an over off singles to keep the scoreboard ticking over? They have nfi what they are doing. Im so sick of David and Mike, all mike does is protect his avg and david is useless. Its time to put clarke down where mike is as a late order accumulator of runs, you know, what he is good at. Stick mike where david was and send david back to Victoriania. I couldnt care less who they bring in for clarke, if i have to sit through another 20 over hussey brothers farce ill f**ken shoot myself.

Use your feat against spin guys. You stand there with your feet planted, blocking every single ball and hoping one slips past the field. I dunno, maybe try and judge the flight, read the ball as it comes out and dispatch the garbage that is being bowled for what it is. They make Botha look like shane warne.

Pontings excuses are wearing thin. I nearly fell of my chair when he blamed the sides disgraceful series on lack of exprience. Who the f**k does he think is playing for south africa? Kapil dev and Imran Khan? They are a team FULL of newbs, a couple of which have destroyed the australian side all summer, Duminy has shown just what a player with abilty can do no matter how many games they have played. The South Africans lost their two most experienced players and their best bowler and they still smashed you ricky. Playing well isnt about experience its about having talent enough and being ready for international cricket and we have 4 or 5 in that side that are well off the pace.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bit of an improvement from Hilfy and Hopes really has improved his bowling in this game, but all credit to South Africa, far too good for us this series and they deserve their No 1 world ranking

Gaba

First Grade
Needs a huge change to this Australian team or a better captain maybe clarke?
Thats what i been saying for a long time, ponting should have never been captain, he never had the thinking brain to be a captain, the selectors are at fault also giving him the false pretenses he could captain with the team he inherit with the likes of warne,magrath ,etc.

Gaba

First Grade
Get rid of that fu*cking law!

Stupid
Stupid
Stupid

It is an absolutely disgraceful law :x

WHY IS IT, warner was at fault for backing up too far and he got run out, likes being stumped where the batsman dances down the pitch misses the ball and out stumped.

Is that a stupid law too , NO ONE TELLS THE BATSMAN OR THE RUNNER AT THE BOWLING END TO GO OUT OF THEIR CREASE

Gaba

First Grade
Chapelli is blaming the backing up law change for the runout?!?

Chaeill i got mixed up with the mancap rule , which had nothing to do with the way warner got out, different law all together so i dont know why he brought that up.

The way warner got out similar to a stumping where he went down the pitch too early and couldnt get back.

Different law to what ian chappel was ranting about

Dutchy

Immortal
NO ONE TELLS THE BATSMAN OR THE RUNNER AT THE BOWLING END TO GO OUT OF THEIR CREASE

Ever played cricket. I have been coached to back up since I was 7 years old.

aussies1st

Staff member
Chaeill i got mixed up with the mancap rule , which had nothing to do with the way warner got out, different law all together so i dont know why he brought that up.

The way warner got out similar to a stumping where he went down the pitch too early and couldnt get back.

A stumping the keeper actually has control of the ball. Even run outs the fielder has to throw it at the stumps. What control did the bowler have apart from getting a lucky finger tip onto the ball which was heading for the stumps?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pontings excuses are wearing thin. I nearly fell of my chair when he blamed the sides disgraceful series on lack of exprience. Who the f**k does he think is playing for south africa? Kapil dev and Imran Khan? They are a team FULL of newbs, a couple of which have destroyed the australian side all summer, Duminy has shown just what a player with abilty can do no matter how many games they have played. The South Africans lost their two most experienced players and their best bowler and they still smashed you ricky. Playing well isnt about experience its about having talent enough and being ready for international cricket and we have 4 or 5 in that side that are well off the pace.

What was even funnier, after Tubby asked what happened, and Punter gave his inexperience "learning to play at the top level" waffle. Tubbys very next question/comment was something like "And SA brought in 2 debutants today who did very well" :lol:

Cant help to think that was a little dig :D

Gaba

First Grade
A stumping the keeper actually has control of the ball. Even run outs the fielder has to throw it at the stumps. What control did the bowler have apart from getting a lucky finger tip onto the ball which was heading for the stumps?
So what it was a lucky runout, not the fault of the fielder the batsman/runner was caught short.

So what you are saying all the unlucky dismissals should be abolish,

remember how symonds got out against sri lanka when he hit the ball into the runner and it reflected to a fielder on the full, that what you call very unlucky ,warners was just unlucky and bad error on his part.

Warners dismissal was his fault , the only fault what symonds was hitting the ball in the air but was a fluke how he got out, with warners that wasnt a fluke

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
No i seen stumping happen when the ball came off the wicketkeepers pad onto the stumps, the wicket keeper had no control at all in that incident and the batsman was out.

Plus the bowler did have control he went to touch the ball which he did,

Iafeta

Referee
WHY IS IT, warner was at fault for backing up too far and he got run out, likes being stumped where the batsman dances down the pitch misses the ball and out stumped.

Is that a stupid law too , NO ONE TELLS THE BATSMAN OR THE RUNNER AT THE BOWLING END TO GO OUT OF THEIR CREASE

You always back up. There'd be far more quick singles securely scored than 'mankads' due to good backing up. It's such a small chance, the amount of times it happens is very rare and they all back up good lengths particularly with the new rules in place.

Gaba

First Grade
Sometimes it just happens. I've been run out like that and there was precious little that could be done about it.
Thats the point , so why are people complaining about it that its stupid law, things happens. You could always been runout like that, the law of a bowler touching the ball always been in place

Chappell's point was that the changes to the Mankad rule meant the non-striker can leave earlier than before and back up further, and thus is more likely to be caught short and unable to get back if the ball is driven straight and deflected onto the stumps. I didn't think he was mixed up at all.

Latest posts