What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: England v India at The Oval Sept 7-11 2018

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Good win. India got closer than I thought after being 5/121.
Credit to Rahul and Pant.
A good series to watch till the end.

Yeah - England with its sporting swing and seam surfaces puts up many good series for a neutral.

Pakistan, NZ, SA and now Ind are always in the game over there. WI even stole a test last year.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah - England with its sporting swing and seam surfaces puts up many good series for a neutral.

Pakistan, NZ, SA and now Ind are always in the game over there. WI even stole a test last year.

Even with our batting rabble, we managed to steal a couple of tests last time :wink:

I think globally India are well out in front as far as top 6 batting goes.

Considering AB retired and Amla and faf best days behind them for South Africa, not sure they will have decent overseas success like they have been.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Even with our batting rabble, we managed to steal a couple of tests last time :wink:

I think globally India are well out in front as far as top 6 batting goes.

Considering AB retired and Amla and faf best days behind them for South Africa, not sure they will have decent overseas success like they have been.
Indias prolly best on roads and definitely dustbowls for batting.

But I would seriously take NZ over them in swing and seam batting conditions.

NZ batting through bans and retirements is creeping up the comparative rankings unnoticed.

Taylor and KW are world class.

Watling is class and very close to if not world class for a keeper.

Latham and Raval aren't horrid.

Nicholls, the spud, is improving and has centuries vs SA and Eng now. He is the weakest link, still though.

Then theres still CdG and Santner/Astle at 8. The top 7 incl CdG have been undropped for 2 years now, with spinner a remaining issue despite Munro and Ryder scoring plenty domestically.

I sincerely think NZ batsmen would outperform India's in England or NZ.

Last edited: