What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Again Noise

Nuke

Staff member
Hi everyone
Apologies if this is already answered elsewhere, but I cannot see anything on it and I've been wondering for weeks about this.

What's the story with the different stadium noise to indicate a 6-Again?

Last year and for the start of this year it was a high pitched noise, but around about Magic Round time, it changed to the current cowbell noise.

Personally, I found the original noise easier to pick up on TV, but I'd love to know why it changed.

Hi everyone
Apologies if this is already answered elsewhere, but I cannot see anything on it and I've been wondering for weeks about this.

What's the story with the different stadium noise to indicate a 6-Again?

Last year and for the start of this year it was a high pitched noise, but around about Magic Round time, it changed to the current cowbell noise.

Personally, I found the original noise easier to pick up on TV, but I'd love to know why it changed.

Bruce Dickinson wanted more cowbell:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Why stop there? Could have a different novelty noise at every stadium. A few examples:

a rooster crowing at the SCG/SFS
A cow mooing in Townsville
Someone taking a hit on a meth pipe in Penrith

Thunder clap for the Storm in Melbourne.
Tiger roar for Tigers whatever home ground they play at but the way they are playing at the moment a kitten's meow would be more appropriate .

Nuke

Staff member
I'm guessing that there was no reason made public for the change of noises then?

Even a 'It was upsetting the dogs in the area around Leichhardt' reason I would accept. Being in WA and not on social media anymore, I hadn't heard of a reason for the change ... so hopefully someone here has some insight!

moffla

Bench
Should just be a voice recording of Peter Vlandys saying "Rugba Leeg" each time there is a 6 again.

Latest posts