What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Games Out

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Listened to the ABCess radio cal. l I think around 6 games or so before the finals this Dragons team will be on fire in all facets of the game.

Their defense will still improve what is going to be exciting is an attack that is going to sparkle.
The broken play is becoming innovative, deep halves roaming off strong forward push.
This is going to be a great ride.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Yep. Definitely going to be interesting. Although bit of a dangerous period coming up with a firing Raiders and a cpl of byes to really break up any momentum.

saintjeff

Juniors
Even though we lost the bounce of the ball didnt go our way.
Refs were ordinary .If the ball doesnt hit the post Frizzell scores.
If Renolyds not there we win .
Anyway its how we back up v the Raiders.(big danger game) is what counts.
People are waiting for us to fall down, i hope we can prove them wrong

TheRev

First Grade
lots of twists and turns to come yet.. brutal comp.. injuries.. rep duty.. Dugan has to stay fit for us, he did it all himself tonight with help from Peter Mata Utai.

I was a bit concerned about where our forwards went in the 2nd half.. it was backs running for set after set.. and no gas left at the end of the match to push for the equalising try.. but hey.. its still early in the season, still happy with the effort and really could have been anything with a few less $hitty calls and dumb decisions/kicks.

blacksafake

First Grade
My only team is saints

saints is my only team

get that into your skull

Well start supporting them instead of letting the verbal sh*t that keeps coming out of your mouth.
Seriously at the start of the season where did you think they would be sitting on the ladder at this point?
"Your team" is playing out of heir skin so far, so try & enjoy. If not at least let the rest of us true supporters enjoy the ride & do us all a favour, go support the eels,knights or sharks.:x

mickeylane

Bench
Im a very proud Dragon....we have a great team that will be in the top 8 for sure at years end....theres more improvement than decline coming our way....

All depends how healthy the troops are at season's end.

So far we have been lucky with injuries.

The byes may actually work in our favour as we did run out of gas tonight.

We have to remain realistic and not get ahead of ourselves.

Proud of the effort.

Hope this game galvanises their belief in one another.

dragondonar1

Juniors
We will be in finals at years end. The only thing that will stop us reaching finals is injuries. Mary even said that we don't have reserve players that can back up week after week at a high standard.

gitano

Juniors
XGCqNPRDJlw56Cljftsxd8JGpvg4c0Tnh678X9kNIlWnTJuk2CxfRN0BFldqEgdcnq7-8GdZ0yXrgY8ShKewKl7sY-dJQdJA3_iSDnHL6xgZZ8eQdZUM=w179-h240-nc

He played well last night, seemed to find himself in the centres at times. I'd prefer him left centre, Euie right, and Dyl fighting for a wing spot

TheRev

First Grade
Absolutely quality depth is a huge issue, especially with our lower grades performing so poorly.

The thing about matautai taking a permanent left centre spot which he has earnt .. Is that he is our quality spare player.. And for the next few months were gonna be struggling without Dugan, Merrin etc.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Much as I would like the Dragons to win every game....its not a reality.
Even the mighty Dragons of the golden era lost games and at times played poorly, in fact only in 59 did they go through undefeated.

Nothing wrong with losing, its how you lose and last night they lost with style.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Still have Matthews, George rose, o'brien, Garvey, glymin, Hutchison. Not what you'd call outstanding talent, but can still get the job done in short stints.

borat

Bench
Yep. Definitely going to be interesting. Although bit of a dangerous period coming up with a firing Raiders and a cpl of byes to really break up any momentum.

Raiders have lost Sam Williams with a punctured lung for this game. Williams has been a large part of the Raiders improvement by just settling their attack and proving direction they didn't have. Cornish will be fired up to return but I suspect this will be enough to halt their momentum

The Nick

Bench
Much as I would like the Dragons to win every game....its not a reality.
Even the mighty Dragons of the golden era lost games and at times played poorly, in fact only in 59 did they go through undefeated.

Nothing wrong with losing, its how you lose and last night they lost with style.

Agree with this. I HATE losing, but when you have a team that has a dig for the full 80mins I still have that admiration for them.

For the last 3 seasons as I went on my weekly post match rants to my uninterested girlfriend, I would often tell her "I can handle losing, what I can't handle is supporting a team that doesn't compete!".

Well now we have a team that competes week in, week out and I'm very happy. Obviously a premiership is the ultimate goal, but I've long accepted you can't win them every year. Hell it's hard to even come close every 10 years. But it's nice to be back on the right track and have a team you can be proud to support, and that gives you hope that you're a genuine chance every week.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
This is looking better and better, I believe they are going to slaughter a team very soon.

This is becoming the sit up and take note team and I have no doubt they will have a good chance to win the comp this year.

Commentators are now becoming aware that there is something brewing with this Dragons team.

I have full confidence we are going to see a new level of football being played that will turn
the game on its head.

I am expecting the attack to blossom more quickly than I originally thought and with that a slight drop in the defence and when it finally all comes together in the next few weeks, then we will take anyone.

SET2JT

Juniors
Since we went on our winning run, we have had 2 games in the dry and scored more than 30 points in both.