What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Knights in Kangaroo Squad

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
Ben Kennedy, Timana Tahu, Matt Gidley, Danny Buderus, Steve Simpson and Josh Perry have all made the Kangaroo Train-on squad.

BK(foot), Tahu(shoulder and knee) and Gids(shoulder) are all in doubt due to their injuries

IMO I would have thought Daniel Abraham might of made the squad as well as the others as he has had a great season for the Knights.

The Kangaroo squad now looks like this:

Nathan Hindmarsh, Shaun Timmins, Mark Gasnier, Matt Sing, Josh Hannay, Brett Kimmorley, Phil Bailey, John Skandalis, Steve Menzies, Bryan Fletcher, Gorden Tallis, Darren Lockyer, Shane Webcke, Brent Tate, Petero Civoniceva, Shaun Berrigan, Michael De Vere, Dane Carlaw, Ben Kennedy, Timana Tahu, Matt Gidley, Danny Buderus, Steve Simpson and Josh Perry.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
yeah, its great to know we've got Knights in the squad.

shame to hear that Gids might be ruled out because of his injury though. i thought he would be a guarantee into the team

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah it's great to see that Tahu has still been selected..... Buderus also has an archilles.... so hopefully he doesn't have to pull out.

MoJack

Juniors
From that squad you can take out Steve Menzies as he has ruled himself out to go on a holiday aroung Europe with Chad Randell 8) 8)

the_knights_rule

First Grade
bedsy said:
Yeah it's great to see that Tahu has still been selected..... Buderus also has an archilles.... so hopefully he doesn't have to pull out.

yeah i hope bedsey donest have to pull out either, can you just imagine the gooster fans oh look who is the aussie hooker now :roll:

Matt23

Staff member
Yeah I want Bedsy to go as well...why hand the position in the team to your rival? Chicken Wing can play back up or even get a start at half back.

Faranah

Juniors
6 players thats great! They are all the players i expected to be there...although IMO Daniel Abraham would probs have made my train-on squad.

Risa

Bench
I think Perry is going to go close to being included in the run on side with Bailey and Ryles out. If not he will be on the bench.

It would be a bigger problem for Buderus if he didn't have an Achilles tendon in his heel. Those things are pretty important for things like walking.

Matt Gidley is almost certain to be ruled out. He needs an operation and with a newborn in the family I'm sure he'd love some time at home.

Kaz

junior
MoJack said:
From that squad you can take out Steve Menzies as he has ruled himself out to go on a holiday aroung Europe with Chad Randell 8) 8)

Rumour has it that Menzies rang up the ARL & said he was thinking of going on Holidays & he asked what were his chances of going on Tour.

The ARL are rumoured to have replied, go on your holiday.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
It would be a bigger problem for Buderus if he didn't have an Achilles tendon in his heel. Those things are pretty important for things like walking.
My mum had hers torn last yr and had to be operated on.

It's probably the worst injury a sportsman could get. If it's torn completely you can be gone for more than 12 months if you're lucky enough to get back at all. The best comeback ever from the injury would have to be basketballer Domonique Wilkins.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
It's probably the worst injury a sportsman could get. If it's torn completely you can be gone for more than 12 months if you're lucky enough to get back at all. The best comeback ever from the injury would have to be basketballer Domonique Wilkins.
It's ended many a career.

bedsy said:

hopefully berrigan gets picked at hooker!!!!!!!!!!

wishful thinking :cry:

roopy

Referee
In the paper today it says McDougall is on standby to be in the standby squad, or something like that?

Greg Smith

Juniors
That squad is just the train on squad made up of player not involved in the finals and who have been knocked out of the finals.The real squad gets picked after the grand final. It's just so they keep up their fitness so if they get in the real squad they're not unfit.

MC DUI

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
bedsy said:

hopefully berrigan gets picked at hooker!!!!!!!!!!

wishful thinking :cry:

Wishful thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Berrigan = Arsemonkey

the_knights_rule

First Grade
i read in this weeks big league magazine that besdey has injury leaves him in considerable pain and barley able to walk after a game.
kennedy also has a torn qrad, torn hamstring and a torn foot muscle.
hope our guys' injuries get better cos would be a real shame if they missed out on the tour because of injury