What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6. Lawrence 7. Marshall

Vossy

Bench
:lol:

head is injured i think

please tell me that this will be the halves that will play against us when we play the tigpies at leichardt...

least with lawrence at 6, simmons wont be gifting tries to him :crazy:

sheens needs to retire

nyx

Juniors
I know this may be crazy talk but could the answer be to pick an actual Halfback in the 7?

Just throwing out there

joey007

Juniors
See this is the problem now.

Marshall's strong point is his running game, how often do you see it?

Lawrence being shifted to 6 means his running game will be shot and he'll be left making sh*t passes. There'll be no go forward originating from the halves at all.

Benji couldn't organise a piss-up in a vat of beer, and Lawrence can't pass wind, let alone a footy.

Then there's their kicking games, which are both hopeless.

:crazy:Exactly my thoughts. I dont see it working...... hope im wrong.

sooperdooper

First Grade
marshall is a joke... i dont see what he offers the tigers anymore.
The tigers should cut him and look forward rather than persisting with him when he is always injured or not playing well....

youngun

Juniors
Sheens obviously took notice of the blues' success with the idea of not selecting ball players in the halves.

I think you may have hit it right on the head there, no pun intended, maybe Sheens has heard about Bellamy not wanting to coach NSW next year and has thought that by showing the NSW selectors that he has no idea how to pick a creative and dangerous halves pair he may get the gig , pretty smart by Sheens when you think about it. :crazy:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Like plenty of us have been saying for a while Sheens has lost it.

And yet here we are and some fools on here and certainly in the media would not dare to question it.

I'm sick of this sh1t.

smeghead

Bench
:lol:

head is injured i think

please tell me that this will be the halves that will play against us when we play the tigpies at leichardt...

least with lawrence at 6, simmons wont be gifting tries to him :crazy:

sheens needs to retire

I wouldn't be laughing too loud. Your coach is a Sheens clone and has proven that by the fact most of your side next year could or will have played back row at some point

hybrid_tiger

Coach
And just to highlight the hypocrisy of Sheens:

“I like the idea of him as a seven but you need time to make that transition happen, you just don't drop him straight in,” Sheens told AAP.

“Particularly at the moment when he's trying to regain confidence
Err, is that why you did exactly that last year Tim?

If I recall correctly, after yet another failed experiment of yours, Benji came out and said that he felt uncomfortable at halfback and was glad to be back at five-eighth.

Yet here we are again a year down the track and this tried and failed experiment is going to get another run. Just like Morris at half, a never ending failure story.

Words can't describe this stupidity.

super_coach

First Grade
Lawerence at no 6, the guy has no passing or kicking game. Yes he is a excellent hard running player, but surley this skill would be better used running into gaps created by a classy ball playing style no6. Now iam sure Collis or Fulton would be far better options.

As for Benji as no7, we have been down this track didnt work.You might get away with it if he was playing behind a big strong pack but not the cream puffs.

No no7, no no6, no Hogo and another year of Sheens madness-2009 will be the year of the spoon in tigertown

cb4

First Grade
I think Benji Marshall will do a good job in the #7. Chris Lawrence will probably fail miserably in te #6... but atleast Sheens is looking to fix the issue of Morris in the halves.

I wish Matt Elliott would look at putting a playmaker in our #7, or getting someone in to teach Luke Lewis.

luke lewis is doing a better job than sammut

mxlegend99

Referee
That's a matter of opinion. Luke Lewis is terrible when it comes to 5th kick options.

I'd personally have Wade Graham in the #7, and Jarrod Sammut playing in the #6. Luke Lewis can shift to lock, and we can get rid of Nathan Smith who has absolutely nothing in attack.

8Ball

First Grade
Matty Head is going to kill it at whatever club he's at next year, and make Sheens look like a goose.

no name

Coach
I thought they were moving Benji to fullback? That's what it said on Fox Sports News last night

cb4

First Grade
That's a matter of opinion. Luke Lewis is terrible when it comes to 5th kick options.

I'd personally have Wade Graham in the #7, and Jarrod Sammut playing in the #6. Luke Lewis can shift to lock, and we can get rid of Nathan Smith who has absolutely nothing in attack.

it is an opinion
but sammut offers very little
lewis n graham will go alright together

magpie_man

Juniors
I know this may be crazy talk but could the answer be to pick an actual Halfback in the 7?

Just throwing out there

whoa man, that's just crazy-talk.
sheens'll "create" a halfback if it's the last thing he does.