What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 matches for that?

typicalfan

Coach
He got off lightly. He should have sat out the rest of that match as well. He ended up having a significant contribution to Manly getting back in the match. Took Ennis out illegally who was by far the Dogs best up until that point and then scored a try not long after.

I am happy with the sentence, Matai got him late and Ennis was unaware and had relaxed leaving himself vulnerable to a shocker of a shot.

What a f**king storm in a tea cup that incident was. Just got done downloading the game. Absolutely nothing in it. You see that sort of thing 10 times a game

Matai being punished for his reputation. Should have hit Ennis harder

Even in Rugby Union, which is noticably softer and blows all incidents out of proportion, that still wouldn't have been 7 games.

Punch the sh*t out of a guy for no reason(Sharks v Panthers), and the refs are criticised for giving a yellow card! Run into someone at 5mph and you get 7 weeks!

Ennis must have a glass jaw of epic proportions

One word.

Wrong!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What a f**king storm in a tea cup that incident was. Just got done downloading the game. Absolutely nothing in it. You see that sort of thing 10 times a game

Matai being punished for his reputation. Should have hit Ennis harder

Even in Rugby Union, which is noticably softer and blows all incidents out of proportion, that still wouldn't have been 7 games.

Punch the sh*t out of a guy for no reason(Sharks v Panthers), and the refs are criticised for giving a yellow card! Run into someone at 5mph and you get 7 weeks!

Ennis must have a glass jaw of epic proportions

Where to start?

1. You're a f**king idiot.

2. You're a f**king idiot.

3. You're a f... ok I think you get the drift.

Matai was punished for his reputation. It's called loading from prior offences - he has had a number of incidents in his recent past which have added up.

As for absolutely "nothing in it", I beg to differ that a late swinging arm that collects someone in the chops and sends them from the field for 15 or 20 minutes has "nothing in it".

Yellow card :lol: this is the NRL, you know?

Gmac

Juniors
Coming from maroon & white eyes he got what he deserved. He seems good for one epic brain explosion every year or so.

In all fairness though, is there anybody in the NRL who hasnt smashed Ennis in the mouth?
There are times where half the dog team looks like they want to clock ennis.

Are we going to suspend everyone in the NRL for 7 weeks :crazy:

skeepe

Immortal
Where to start?

1. You're a f**king idiot.

2. You're a f**king idiot.

3. You're a f... ok I think you get the drift.

Matai was punished for his reputation. It's called loading from prior offences - he has had a number of incidents in his recent past which have added up.

As for absolutely "nothing in it", I beg to differ that a late swinging arm that collects someone in the chops and sends them from the field for 15 or 20 minutes has "nothing in it".

Yellow card :lol: this is the NRL, you know?

You could have just quoted my post instead of copying and embellishing.

Still, they say that immitation is the greatest form of flattery, so I'm really touched. Cheers big fella :ls:

Doomednow

Bench
He deserved it. I don't see how you're trying to justify it. Maybe because you were expecting to see it it didnt see as bad. I was watching the game on teh telly with a mate, both of us not expecting it, and as soon as it happened we expected him to be marched and given a huge suspension.

It wasn't reactive, like someone getting up and throwing punches because of something dirty in the tackle. It was pre-meditated, and Matai knew exactly what he was doing well after Ennis had gotten rid of the ball. He didn't even bring his arm up until the Ennis was out of the play.

Dirty play like that needs to be stamped out of the game. Penalise them with however many weeks it takes. Maybe is too much of thick headed f**kwit to learn from his mistakes, so loading from previous offences wouldn't have helped his punishment.

Iafeta

Referee
RH, I have no intention whatsoever of going to your youtube account. However, I would ask for you to nominate your list of 100 similar hits in this thread for the 2010 season.

Or, you can simply accept you were wrong, that the overwhelming general consensus was that it was late and high, and that your list is simply an emotional over-exaggeration not based on facts.

Rovelli

Bench
Matai deserved what he got. I just wish he always focused on playing league, because he can be a very good centre.