What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day against the Dargoons in the Gong

Quigs

Immortal
Late report. Great win to top off a great weekend.

Old mate and I watched the game with munch happiness. But the general comment was how far can soft the game has become and it (the game itself) was a penalty-athon.

Good win and a noice NRL ladder.

Hey Chewie can you lend me 20 to next pension day?

Working on my application as a declared idiot.
Saw the last 15 mins - well done Hiroti and Sammi S - great for them to be part of it.
Building nicely but let’s see the NRL reaction as it doesn’t fit the Pro Bulldogs narrative
Indeed. I just caught the replay, and pretty much the first thing out of the idiot Andrew Voss's mouth was that a Dargons win by 30 puts the Dogs in the top four. They're absolutely willing it to happen.

Nutz

Bench
Never going to happen @Nutz
DA has been solid but creates nothing.
Once again no line break assists, no try assists.
Nothing.

He has a kicking game, can defend ok and occasionally breaks the line.
That's it.

Trindall is head and shoulders above him.
I totally disagree because he is my ⅝ in NRL Fantasy and I don't have any trades left, to make it worse the game is our GF next round. After that game I don't give a rats who plays ha ha :)
On a serious note he has a great passing game, kicks well and has steered the Sharks around the park nicely since Nicho has been out. He's filled In at fullback too.
Before today's game his stats were a bit better than nothing as you said,
Appearances - 14
Tries - 4
Goals - 14 78.8% better than Trindall
Forced drop outs - 3
Average kicking metres - 229.3
Try assists - 4
Offloads - 2
Tackles - 223 83.3% better than Trindall
Average running metres - 73 better than Trindall's 53
Average Fantasy points - 36.3
Contract - $ Cash cow/cheapie

I know what your saying, Trindall is more exciting but DA does a bit more than nothing since filling in and didn't get banned :)

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
And also on the second try. Was so slow and got there far too late to have been any affect on stopping the try

His lack of ability in defence is really starting to piss me off
He ain’t no Peachy - the arm grab was all the hallmarks of that dolphins debacle. That case wasn’t entirely on him - but not good.
I was surprised by the lack of closeness in the score - we had plenty of outs but the replay saw a real bit of ruthlessness about them.
It’s in their hands

shadowboxer

First Grade
I really thought the Dragons would give us more trouble. Super interesting given we had Katoa, Ronnie, Sifa and Nicho all missing.
They were missing Flanno Jr - hence they probally were better for it.
A sign of maturity was that considering the score line - no one did the “this is my house” call upon scoring - I would have, but yes I lack any maturity

sladden road

Juniors
Never going to happen @Nutz
DA has been solid but creates nothing.
Once again no line break assists, no try assists.
Nothing.

He has a kicking game, can defend ok and occasionally breaks the line.
That's it.

Trindall is head and shoulders above him.
We are 10 wins and 3 losses(I think ) with Ale in the team.

that’s good enough for me.

amyway we are selling WKso Ale to 1is my new campaign.

will be greater than Slater.

I really thought the Dragons would give us more trouble. Super interesting given we had Katoa, Ronnie, Sifa and Nicho all missing.

This would’ve been so typical of the type of game we’d lose in the past.

But to their credit there was a real determination from the forward pack in particular to dominate and power over the opposition and the Dargons couldn’t compete with us.

It was beautiful to watch when there was so much riding on the match for both teams.

Craigshark

First Grade
We were so much better than them. Absolutely destroyed them through the middle. The score could have been more of a blow out to be honest. We earned a few 6 agains when we were on the front foot that Klein refused to give. Maybe, just maybe Fitz does have them peaking at the right time.

kaufusi is becoming a very important part of our team. Is getting better as the year goes on. If he continues on this trajectory, he has the potential to become one of the best props in the game.

Quigs

Immortal
And it was lovely to see that our blockheaded forwards have stopped running one out the entire 70 minutes.
Those one or two passes off the ruck were purty to watch.

Reactions: PJ
We were so much better than them. Absolutely destroyed them through the middle. The score could have been more of a blow out to be honest. We earned a few 6 agains when we were on the front foot that Klein refused to give. Maybe, just maybe Fitz does have them peaking at the right time.

kaufusi is becoming a very important part of our team. Is getting better as the year goes on. If he continues on this trajectory, he has the potential to become one of the best props in the game.

I was also surprised by the poor St George performance, I thought they'd offer more but our forwards made them sore and sorry. I was waiting for a St George resurgence after that 2nd try of theirs than never happened.

I also liked that Fox pointed out that we've won 10 out of the last 11 games against them.

roboshark

Coach
I was also surprised by the poor St George performance, I thought they'd offer more but our forwards made them sore and sorry. I was waiting for a St George resurgence after that 2nd try of theirs than never happened.

I also liked that Fox pointed out that we've won 10 out of the last 11 games against them.
Yep we own them. We are the big brother. And they are, well, irrelevant

taipan

Referee
Little bruvver smacked big bruvver's a*se and has done so 9 times in a row.It was meant to be.
Flanno not enjoying his muesli this morning.

Latest posts