What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8th ODI: Aussies V. Kiwis

shiznit

Coach
good 100 big jake.
but good game aussie...
congrats. heres hoping we can keep up with this form.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Yeah great chase by the Kiwis.
It seems they struggle to run down a mediocre total, but when they need a really big score they can turn it on.

aussies1st

Staff member
Bad luck Kiwis really good chase, thats the 2nd time in only a few days where both teams have scored over 300.

IanG

Coach
Coleman said:
I think Tuesday's game will be a day game, so with the time difference it would be a normal day/nighter for you guys.
No Tuesday's game is also a day/night match.

IanG

Coach
The Aussie camp were saying that stuff about needing to be tested and wanting a contest. Well tonight we got it. Hats off too to the Kiwis for putting up a fight and not giving up.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Oh really? Damn.
I like dya games as it allows me to listen to it at work, and just makes the day cruise by.

Utey

Coach
Great game! I really hope they make the finals because with Styris back and maybe Bond? They could really turn it on.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Decent game, well played by both teams. I didn't see much of the chase as I was watching the tennnis but ovverall a good quality match.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Is that McGrath's worst figures in ODI's, Ive never seen him concede more than 72 in a one dayer, let alone 50 runs.

Still good to see a team lose by only 8 runs chasing a massive total, I reckon these days if you score 300+ you're not safe.

icewind

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Is that McGrath's worst figures in ODI's, Ive never seen him concede more than 72 in a one dayer, let alone 50 runs.

no, i believe McGrath's worst figures was something like 0/76 against Srilanka in 95/96 courtesy of the Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana combination. I think it was either in Sydney Melbourne.

wittyfan

Referee
Even though Australia won, it's a continuation of a worrying trend in recent years where Australia have all sorts of trouble defending big totals. Ponting has said after the game that the bowling in the final overs was pretty ordinary and needs improvement.

El Diablo

Post Whore
McGrath has gone for over 50 a lot of times. this was the the 7th time he went for 60 or above.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think its also the first time we have had a chance to defend a total this series

our bowlers haven't really had much of a workout till last night

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great chase by the Kiwi's, in what was easily the most entertaining game of the series so far. Bring back Bond and Styris and the Kiwi's will be competitive in the Finals series.

Latest posts