What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9 to show Storm live into Melbourne

Quidgybo

Bench
probably show it now knowing it will rate poor so they can make excuses not to show them again

the chances of it getting good ratings have been reduced seeing it's for nothing
The one silver lining to come out of this whole mess is that, with the hundreds of hours of media coverage and analysis, the Storm's profile in Melbourne has never been higher. Combine this with interest in the new stadium opening, is it too much to just take it on face value and assume that perhaps Nein is simply cashing in on this profile while it looks like it might actually pull some above average ratings? You know, the obvious straightforward explanation. Some people around here could find a conspiracy in a box Weetbix.

Leigh.

Last edited:
The one silver lining to come out of this whole mess is that, with the hundreds of hours of media coverage and analysis, the Storm's profile in Melbourne has never been higher. Combine this with interest in the new stadium opening, is it too much to just take it on face value and assume that perhaps Nein is simply cashing in on this profile while it looks like it might actually pull some above average ratings? You know, the obvious straightforward explanation. Some people around here could find a conspiracy in a box Weetbix.

Leigh.

People around here are often not normal.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Leigh.

*puts on tinfoil hat*
Isn't RL the only major Aussie sport that hasn't had players featured on Weetbix boxes or tv ads?
;-)

Last edited:
Storm management need to leak a little more info about their cheating each week to ensure they get more games shown this year. Each week for the next 11 weeks they could detail real payments made to players in return for games before midnight! Thats good marketing!

parano1a

Juniors
Why show it live and not at 4pm and have it lead into the news at 6? Whats on at 5pm that day?

Seems dodgy to me.

Postcards always airs 5.30pm Sunday and will provide a bigger lead in to the news than NRL. Why would you actually want it on delay? Sport broadcasts should always be live. Could you imagine watching the Melbourne Cup on a half hour delay?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Postcards always airs 5.30pm Sunday and will provide a bigger lead in to the news than NRL. Why would you actually want it on delay? Sport broadcasts should always be live. Could you imagine watching the Melbourne Cup on a half hour delay?

How are you so certain that postcards (what ever the hell that is) will get more then the NRL? troll.

Oh and the Sunday NRL is aired on a one hour delay in NSW and Qld.

MsStorm

Bench
How are you so certain that postcards (what ever the hell that is) will get more then the NRL? troll.

Oh and the Sunday NRL is aired on a one hour delay in NSW and Qld.

I can't workout Parano1a sometimes. :?

I think 9 will go live for this game as there are no afl games in Melbourne and it will get good ratings.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I can't workout Parano1a sometimes. :?

I think 9 will go live for this game as there are no afl games in Melbourne and it will get good ratings.

He's a troll, he's the kind of troll thats good to keep around because he so constantly gets hammered.

Im still suprized that they are going live, im sure the lead in from the NRL into the news would be the prefered option. Not complaining, but Im still expecting a late change to a 1am start.

brad_19

Juniors
Sadly, the ratings issue is a fair point. If Nein thought it would rate through the roof, they would telecast it at 4 like they do in the northern states to get a good lead into the news. C7 do this on Sundays at Melbourne with AFL (show the game on an hour delay) but NSW/QLD always get the games live because the ratings are terrible and it would be a shocking lead into the 6pm news.

parano1a

Juniors
Just because the game is usually delayed into Sydney and Brisbane, that doesn't make it a good thing. Good for the TV stations maybe, but not good for the fans. Live sport will always be preferable to delayed so I can't understand why people would complain about the game being shown at 3pm.

The 3pm timeslot is also good as it will capitalise on viewers normally tunning in to the 3pm AFL game on Seven (which this week is on Monday night instead leaving no AFL on FTA on Sunday)

Brutus

Referee
Just because the game is usually delayed into Sydney and Brisbane, that doesn't make it a good thing. Good for the TV stations maybe, but not good for the fans. Live sport will always be preferable to delayed so I can't understand why people would complain about the game being shown at 3pm.

The 3pm timeslot is also good as it will capitalise on viewers normally tunning in to the 3pm AFL game on Seven (which this week is on Monday night instead leaving no AFL on FTA on Sunday)

Well I agree with you there.

A live Storm game without AFL opposition should make for interesting TV figures.

MsStorm

Bench
The Test is a sellout and the Storm/Broncos tickets are selling well. They have only recently been released to the public for some strange reason, but I expect a bumper crowd.

I wonder if Parano1a will put his hand up to say he's bought a ticket to the game?

parano1a

Juniors
The Test is a sellout and the Storm/Broncos tickets are selling well. They have only recently been released to the public for some strange reason, but I expect a bumper crowd.

I wonder if Parano1a will put his hand up to say he's bought a ticket to the game?

I have a Storm membership and yes I have a ticket to the Test as well.

patch

Juniors
So it's taken the Storm cheating the cap and bringing the game to its knees in order to get games live in Melbourne and members signing up in droves. Can you imagine how that would have played out in Sydney if the Swans had done something similar? Says a lot about Victoriania doesn't it :lol:

^^ Not really, but it says a sh*t load about channel 9, after all, they've got three channels they can air on, I'm sure league supporters in Victoria would be happy to see our sport played even in standard definition either live or slightly delayed, as opposed to midnight or one in the morning or not at all, which is where we've been stuck since 1998................ :x

parano1a

Juniors
^^ Not really, but it says a sh*t load about channel 9, after all, they've got three channels they can air on

At the moment anti-siphoning legislation prevents them from airing NRL games on their digital subchannels (9HD, GO!) before they air on the main channel (9). Hopefully this stupid law will change very soon.

Latest posts