What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: league's sexist man (in the newspaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyfan

Referee
A new Witty pic has popped up on Newsphotos:

22523853.jpg

wittyfan

Referee
An article about Witty in today's Manly Daily:

Witt wants to leave on a winning note

Adam Lucius
22Sep06

MICHAEL Witt is only 22 but knows he is fast running out of chances to make it as a first grade footballer.

Let go by the Eels at the end of the 2004 season, the goal-kicking half/five-eighth made a fresh start at Manly and appeared set for a long stay.

But after playing in just 20 top grade games in two years - including a solitary appearance in 2006 - Witt again finds himself packing his bags looking for a new opportunity.

Talented but prone to inconsistency, Witt will join the Warriors once Manly's Premier League season finishes.

The Geoff Toovey-coached Sea Eagles take on minor premiers Parramatta in the grand final qualifier at Aussie Stadium tonight.

``It hasn't been the best of years in terms of playing first grade but I don't have any regrets about coming to Manly,'' Witt said last night.

``I've really enjoyed my time here and made some mates that will be mates for life.

``It hasn't been the best of years in terms of playing first grade but it would be good to go out with a premiership.

``We are starting to play good footy and I don't see why we can't beat Parramatta.

``They are expected to win but we are confident in our ability.''

On his move to the Warriors, Witt said: ``I've got one season to see whether it works out and to suss out whether my fiancee (Angie) and I enjoy living over there.

``I will be trying my hardest to make it. ``They've given me an opportunity and I've got to make the most of it. I might not get too many more chances.''

Witt returns to the Manly side tonight after missing last weekend's win over the Tigers through suspension.

He will partner skipper and five-eighth JP Cherry, who became a father just 24 hours after leading the side to victory over the Tigers.

``Michael directs us around the field and his kicking game is pretty good, so he'll be an important player for us,'' he said.

``But this will be a big forward battle and our boys are prepared for it.''

The Eels have won two of the three clashes between the sides this year and will start favourites to complete the hat-trick.

``We were bit flat against Canberra (in the first semi-final) but played a lot better last week,'' Toovey said.

``We tend to lift and player better against the top sides.''

Source: http://www.manlydaily.com.au/article/2006/09/22/722_sports.html

Hellsy

Immortal
wittyz chick said:
Actually I never really watch that one. I only watched because my friend who was in Melbourne at the time rang me to tell me that he was on!

:D :D :D along with my Matty :D :D

wittyfan

Referee
Nah, they don't show Sports Tonight on Sunday nights anymore. :(

They might show it again though on the news tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.