What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: league's sexist man (in the newspaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani

Immortal
this was in todays herald sun
=P~ Cooper Cronk

cooper2.jpg

Dani

Immortal
Cronk cranks it up
Karl deKroo
02feb05

THE last time Cooper Cronk visited Rockhampton, he was a little-known utility for Melbourne Storm feeder club Norths Devils.

Two years down the track, and Cronk is hoping his return to the beef capital of Australia will serve as a launching pad for far loftier aspirations.
Named at five-eighth for Storm's opening trial match against Queensland Cup side Central Comets on Saturday night, Cronk, 21, is ready to make a play for a spot in the Melbourne starting side.

Two years ago such an ambition would have seemed far-fetched. But after breaking into the Storm squad last year as a bench player, Cronk did enough to convince coach Craig Bellamy he was worthy of greater responsibility.

"I'm not sure how we're going to do it yet, but we have to find a way to get Cooper more game time," Bellamy said yesterday.

"He certainly deserves to play a far greater role than what he did at the end of last year.

"Everything about him suggests to me that he is a first-grade player."

Cronk's preferred positions are five-eighth or hooker.

That poses a headache for Bellamy, given his incumbents in those respective spots are Australian Test pivot Scott Hill and Queensland State-of-Origin dummy half Cameron Smith.

Bellamy said he would be prepared to make room for Cronk, possibly by shifting Hill to lock for periods during games. But it would be up to the former schoolboy rugby union star to prove his mettle.

"I'm not sure which way to go at the moment, but I want Cooper to start at five-eighth in this first trial and then we'll take it from there," Bellamy said.

"He deserves his shot. He has been our best performer in pre-season training."

Cronk said he was happy to continue as a bench player if it guaranteed him a place in the top 17. But he is also not afraid to stake a higher claim.

"I'm really excited about getting the chance to play in my preferred position this weekend, and hopefully I can make the most of it," Cronk said.

"It has been a fairly long pre-season, so everyone is itching for the chance to play, and I just want to get off to a good start."

In a team of rookies, Cronk will be joined in the halves by Marc Brentnall, and there is little doubt Bellamy is looking for Cronk to play the role of senior partner.

"I have done a lot of work with Craig on the skills required to play five-eighth, and I'm looking forward to putting that into practice," Cronk said.

"We have worked a lot on my ball running, but also just on taking the right options, talking and planning on the field."

and yes i did read the article, after staring at the picture for about 15 minutes :oops:

If i was a Lady or i was gay (and i am not either of those),

Choice for a hotest guy

would be cronk easily then Billy the Kid slater

Dani

Immortal
cronky is drop dead gorgeous, but he's short.

i took my friend to a storm game once, and to be honest, she's hot, anyways we were leaving and she was walking ahead and it was so funny cos about 4 steps behind her was cronky, watching her arse the whole way.
i wet myself...then wished it was me he was looking at

Dani said:
cronky is drop dead gorgeous, but he's short.

i took my friend to a storm game once, and to be honest, she's hot, anyways we were leaving and she was walking ahead and it was so funny cos about 4 steps behind her was cronky, watching her arse the whole way.
i wet myself...then wished it was me he was looking at

LOL. So is Billy Slater. he is short

warren

Juniors
I hate it when you find a good looking guy but he is shorter than you. worst thing ever!!! see i looooove sully but im taller than him, which sucks. but its not like he knows me or anything it just nice to dream.

Dani

Immortal
chemicalstorm said:
Dani said:
yes, Billy is on the shorter side, but im taller than cronk

S#%t. Your tall. lol

Yeah Cronky is small but got huge potiential.

actually i just looked at a photo of me and him, and he's about an inch taller than me, he seemed shorter in person :oops:

Dani said:
chemicalstorm said:
Dani said:
yes, Billy is on the shorter side, but im taller than cronk

S#%t. Your tall. lol

Yeah Cronky is small but got huge potiential.

actually i just looked at a photo of me and him, and he's about an inch taller than me, he seemed shorter in person :oops:

Actually, i vaguely remember you from the family fun day, last year.

and yeah i thought he was taller that you.

Dani said:
you saw me at the family day :?

If i say Chemicalbrother on this forum you might know who it is?.

If not, The guys in the Widnes jersey

and i swear you went right pass me on the march to the aquarium

~bedsy~

First Grade
warren said:
I hate it when you find a good looking guy but he is shorter than you. worst thing ever!!! see i looooove sully but im taller than him, which sucks. but its not like he knows me or anything it just nice to dream.
I have never understood that.
Who cares if they guy is shorter than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.