What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94: LU Arsenal Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca_

Coach
Saint Dragon said:
Not surprised really, our youth academy is about 10 times better than there's put together...and common sense must have prevailed as well.
And more to the point he's a Gooner.

Kids go a future already :lol:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Stonecutter said:
I'm aiming for 85+ when I do it next year. Those 3 hour exams will be brutal. :fist:
So you're year 11 like me?
I've got my prelims next week and 3 days of the week after, but I have 4 of them days off. :D

Stonecutter

First Grade
Yeh mine are a week later. I have Biology prace exam next week which is the only one because of trouble fitting it in the 2 exam weeks.

Kiwishark

Juniors
Saint Dragon said:
You'll f*cking hate it Stoney, longest I've gone without sleep over the last term was 53 f*cking hours!!!!

That's a hell of a lot of coffee!!

Two words for you SD: Time management.
Come to know and love it.

Kiwishark

Juniors
The great man does the great thing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wenger agrees three-year Arsenal deal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has finally agreed a three-year contract extension with the London club, according to reports.

The deal, which will keep Wenger at the Emirates Stadium until the summer of 2011, is set to be formally announced on Friday.

Wenger, 57, was out of contract at the end of the season, and there had been added uncertainty over his commitment to Arsenal following the controversial departure of former vice-chairman David Dein in April and the summer sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

However, the French coach - who brought an unprecedented spell of success to the Gunners since his arrival a decade ago - is understood to have reached an agreement with the board to remain in charge.

Wenger had been keen to stress the continued speculation around what may happen in terms of a boardroom takeover would not distract him from the job of returning Arsenal to challenge for the top honours again.

It remains to be seen just what will develop with regards to the supposed interest of American billionaire Stan Kroenke and whether Dein, a close personal friend of Wenger, returns to the club down the line having recently linked up with Alisher Usmanov at the head of 'Red and White Holdings'.

Wenger said last month: 'It is true that is a gamble I take - but when I take a gamble at some stage, it is with people who are in charge.

'They tell me certain things, and I believe or believe not, then I say 'listen, I want to sign only one year'.

'It is down to me if I want a longer contract or not and there is a takeover, because I know from the moment I sign that it can happen.'

Despite all of the uncertainty and predictions of another unimpressive campaign, Arsenal have opened the new season in some style - qualifying for the group stages of the Champions League and are currently second in the Barclays Premier League table, unbeaten in four matches.

Wenger believes the recent comings and goings at the Emirates Stadium have actually helped the current squad grow stronger.

He said: 'Since the beginning of the season something has been happening in this team.

'They fight for each other, they have a great togetherness and love for the game.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=460716&cc=3436

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Three or four years, either way we will have silverware before the end of THAT contract!!

Although I wont rest untill I read it sourced from arsenal.com

Dragooner

Bench
Soo happy! Was always going to happen...

He is THE man to lead us to glory, noone else...

And Kiwishark, I'm normally pretty good with time management...however, that time...

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Stonecutter said:
Yeh mine are a week later. I have Biology prace exam next week which is the only one because of trouble fitting it in the 2 exam weeks.
What subjets are you doing?
I do:
  • English Standard
  • Maths General
  • Sport, Lifestyle, Recreation (SLR)
  • PD/H/PE
  • VET Business Services
  • Music 1
I'm dropping Music 1 next term.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Kiwishark said:
The great man does the great thing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wenger agrees three-year Arsenal deal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has finally agreed a three-year contract extension with the London club, according to reports.

The deal, which will keep Wenger at the Emirates Stadium until the summer of 2011, is set to be formally announced on Friday.

Wenger, 57, was out of contract at the end of the season, and there had been added uncertainty over his commitment to Arsenal following the controversial departure of former vice-chairman David Dein in April and the summer sale of Thierry Henry to Barcelona.

However, the French coach - who brought an unprecedented spell of success to the Gunners since his arrival a decade ago - is understood to have reached an agreement with the board to remain in charge.

Wenger had been keen to stress the continued speculation around what may happen in terms of a boardroom takeover would not distract him from the job of returning Arsenal to challenge for the top honours again.

It remains to be seen just what will develop with regards to the supposed interest of American billionaire Stan Kroenke and whether Dein, a close personal friend of Wenger, returns to the club down the line having recently linked up with Alisher Usmanov at the head of 'Red and White Holdings'.

Wenger said last month: 'It is true that is a gamble I take - but when I take a gamble at some stage, it is with people who are in charge.

'They tell me certain things, and I believe or believe not, then I say 'listen, I want to sign only one year'.

'It is down to me if I want a longer contract or not and there is a takeover, because I know from the moment I sign that it can happen.'

Despite all of the uncertainty and predictions of another unimpressive campaign, Arsenal have opened the new season in some style - qualifying for the group stages of the Champions League and are currently second in the Barclays Premier League table, unbeaten in four matches.

Wenger believes the recent comings and goings at the Emirates Stadium have actually helped the current squad grow stronger.

He said: 'Since the beginning of the season something has been happening in this team.

'They fight for each other, they have a great togetherness and love for the game.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=460716&cc=3436
f**king awesome!

Stonecutter

First Grade
NP said:
What subjets are you doing?
I do:
  • English Standard
  • Maths General
  • Sport, Lifestyle, Recreation (SLR)
  • PD/H/PE
  • VET Business Services
  • Music 1
I'm dropping Music 1 next term.

English Adv
Maths Adv
Biology
Geography
Chemistry
Modern History

It's pretty touhg but i'm managing. I'll probably drop Geography or Modern History next year.

Dragooner

Bench
3U Maths
Ext 2 English
Legal Studies
Economics
Chemistry
Ancient History

Went well in all my trials...just a matter of time, it's nearly all over...

Want to get at least over 95...want to do Media Law, either here at UOW or at USYD. I need 98.5 but..

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Just to fit in, back in the day (2003-2004).

Advanced English
English Extension 1
Modern History
Georgraphy
Business Studies
Legal Studies
Music Foundation via TAFE

Breeeeeeeeeeze..

You guys will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts